Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chiavettas Marinade

Dutchcane
Dutchcane Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been egging since only Fathers day so I am sure that this has been talked about before but are there any Western New York folks on here that cook Chiavetta's chicken on their egg? I used to live in Buffalo and now live in Tulsa and have a friend of mine ship it down by the case. All you have to do is follow the instructions on the bottle no more no less. The stuff is unreal. If you don't know about it check it out! You have to like a product that says on the bottle "Cook Over A Wood Fire!"
DC

Comments

• Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Hi DC,

Welcome to the forum.

I was just given a bottle the other day.
    DSCN4602_500.jpg
    I have used it once but sauced over it. Next time I am going to follow your advise and follow the directions on the bottle. I had ever heard of it before, the friend that gave it to me swears up and down by it and says it's the best thing for chicken.

Gator

• I grew up in Buffalo and went to many picnics catered by the Chiavettas. Everytime I go back to Buffalo I fill the trunk up with 1/2 gallons, it is the best marinade for chicken ever!! We go up to the Erie County Fair every summer, Chiavettas has a large booth and tent setup, you can smell the chicken cooking a mile away!
  • Dutchcane
    Dutchcane Posts: 15
    When I lived in Buffalo I think that every organization in the City had fund raisers that sold Chiavetta's chicken diners. When you use the stuff use nothing else on the chicken, just Chiavettas. The key to it is everytime you flip it baste the chicken. To me the only mistake you can make is over marinating the chicken. You only need to set the chicken in the marinade for 30 mins and thn cook it up. I just got a case last week and have already gone through two bottles!