Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Dad's Egg....I did it!

FSUScotsman
FSUScotsman Posts: 754
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As some of you know I've struggled over what to do about getting my dad an egg, mini or small and the cost. Today I finally said the heck with it!!! Ah....the trials and tribulations of giving in though!!! I decided to buy him a small, I just didn't want him to have to say that he couldn't do what he wanted, though I know he never would have. I started calling around. NO ONE HAD A SMALL!!!! :angry: I spent over an hour calling, in ever expanding circles, to Egg dealers. Finally, I found a dealer in Dothan, almost 90 miles away that had a small in stock. Just to give these guys a plug, it was Hutton Log & Grill Outlet. Talk about a great find!!! They had a wonderful stock and tons of accessories, lots of offset grills, gassers, and cast iron. If you can't find what you need there, they can get it!!!

Anyway, I had a nice drive, put the top down on the Cooper, lit a cigar, and brought the Egg home to dad. He now has a small, plate setter, and several accessories.

Here is what I need next. I've looked over the recipes, but I what I want are some suggestions for some super simple things to get him started. Nothing fancy at all, just basics. I'll show him the spatchcock chicken, and burger and chop basics. Anything with fish and other poultry would be appreciated. Again, they aren't going to be adventurous, just simple stuff.

I'll get him a stash of Dizzy Pig next week!!! :evil:

Comments