Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

the throne

13»

Comments

• Susan Egglaine
    Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
    Great job! when da party in da hut????
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Susan, da party in da hut never stops now baby :laugh: :laugh: , cept when I go to work on Monday :( :evil: :ermm: :huh: :laugh:
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Yeah!! Thanks Marc!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Marc,

Looking awesome dude! Wish I had something to post. Bloodsucking lawyers :angry::angry::angry:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Zippylip
    dispicable lot eh? Did they steel your camera :laugh:
    happy in the hut
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    I think my wife lost it. I still have a point and shoot for tomorrow. :laugh:
    How is Ali doing?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Zippylip
    she is doing well, how bout Briana, giving you a break over the summer maybe?
    happy in the hut
  • mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    i love it only thing is what about the corner?? kinda lost space would be a little hard to move the egg every time you would want to get to something?? :unsure:
    gonna have to save these pics for set up ideas!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Where did you get that Bobbyb? I love that!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • The entire neighbor hood house values have gone up with this addition. Wow - Very nice Zippylip.
  • That's very cool Zippy. Great improvement! Scott
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    You and your Irish buddy did a GREAT renovation job. I'm thoroughly impressed ! :woohoo:

You are going to love all that work surface, too.

Congrats!

Zippy rules over BBQ !
  • Wanabe
    Wanabe Posts: 355
    Great job. I like thinking out of the box!
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Wow, truly a transformation. Gotta like the brickwork.
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Found it at a church rummage sale in Charlotte, NC. Lady said it was a mascot for some club. I added the sign.
  • Zippylip
    Mike, that gap to the right of the egg is larger that it appears in the picture, makes it pretty easy to reach all the way to the back of the corner, which is about 3 feet in depth; the gap itself is about the size of a 10lb bag of lump, which is probably what I will keep tucked back in that section, & in the closer area I will probably put the often used tools & gloves... check out the picture for contrast purposes. The storage area to the left of the egg will be where I put all hot stuff, the grids, plate setter, chimney, & so forth... I may put a shelf in there too, it's giant:

IMG_3702.jpg

IMG_3703.jpg

IMG_3704.jpg
    happy in the hut
  • Zippylip
    thanks Frank, I sure hope you are right :lol:
    happy in the hut
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    bravo!

i have a pile of brick that was left over from the patio getting put in, um, five years ago?
    have had a design in my head for a while, but pulling the trigger is just not happening.

the cobbler's children have no shoes. takes forever to build what i design.

looks great.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Zippylip
    funny thing about laying brick, just like most things in life, looks real easy when you are sittin in a chair drink'n a beer & watching a master do it, but try & lay a course yourself & you quickly realize just how inept you are... I had a general idea too for a long time, thought it would be on a grander scale incorporating a much larger patio area & even a fireplace, but certain things didn't break my way, namely, a septic system that was supposed to change over to public in 2009 but was scrapped, left me with a smaller area to work with, but in the end, still extremely happy with the situation
    happy in the hut
  • Mike B
    Mike B Posts: 8
    That's fantastic. My eyes were drawn to the first picture and I was almost about to compliment you on the cart and your window repair, until I started to scroll through the rest, and my jaw hit the mouse pad on my laptop..... :)
    Mike
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww......Marc.....appart from looking spectacular...you knew how to make it more Egg-friendly ......oh... & your home just appreciated more...... :laugh:
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Awesome....simply awesome.... :) :laugh: :)