Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

stroke

belle's dadbelle's dad Posts: 146
edited 6:25PM in EggHead Forum
I managed to have a small one early in the morning of July llth. Spent some time in the hospital and managed to escape July 22nd. Cooked a filet from my favorite meat market and, damned if it wasn't better than hospital food. Doing well. Getting back to normal. Blew my kids mind that I did a cook right after comeing home.

Gordon
Vero Beach, FL
·

Comments

• TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Home cooked food is the best medicine? I'm glad you're doing so much better, Gordon. Good to have you back.
    ·
  • Double BogeyDouble Bogey Posts: 612
    Come on Gordon, everything is better than hospital food. I don't know how they get away with calling it food. Glad you are home and doing better.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
    ·
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Glad to hear that you are doing better Gordon,Egged food is the best medicine.Be well and enjoy.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
    ·
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    hope you are fully recovered asap .. follow the orders and take good care of your self
    bill
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Glad your doing better Gordon. If you feel up to it come on up to our Mini fest next month. Your only about 45 minutes south.

burnt.jpg
    ·
  • Aunt CrazyAunt Crazy Posts: 378
    Cooking on the BGE may have reduced your stress and increased your recovery! Godspeed-glad you are better!
    ·
  • belle's dadbelle's dad Posts: 146
    Thanks guys--I'm doing great. The egg with the new patio helps a bunch. Thanks again for your thoughts. I'll get through this little bump in the road fine.

Gordon
    Vero Beach, FL
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    god luvya, buddy. it's all gravy from here on, ain't it?

welcome home
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,406
    I'm so glad to hear that you are with us and cooking! Take good care of that ticker!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    belle's dad,

Was it a full stroke or a TIA. You jumped right back in the saddle either way dude.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Glad to hear that you're O.K.Well wishes! :)
    ·
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Glad you're back home, safe and sound.

Take care of yourself!
    ·
  • BrocBroc Posts: 1,398
    But... but... How could you possibly improve on hospital food?

:whistle: :silly: :ermm:

Blessings!

~ Broc
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    having an egg waiting at home would make anyone want out! LOL glad you are headed up hill :)
    ·
  • :P I thought it was good when I got to the point of being able to eat.
    ·
  • Sorry to hear that Gordon....
    Hope that all is well and you are back to 100%
    ·