Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

the throne

Zippylip
Zippylip Posts: 4,768
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was on a roll with the hut & the new coffee table, so I figured I’d round out the project sooner rather than later with a cooking helm befitting the area. I’ve always liked the open design of Jay’s & Always Golf’s setups, & basically used those pictures to design this with my mason.

There was also the situation with the old, nasty, rotten wooden window that has always been the backdrop of the large. Quite an eyesore, it had to go. Rather than replacing it with a new, nasty, vinyl window that would still serve no purpose (it is a garage after all), or covering it up & trying to match the stucco, I thought since the egg would still sit directly in front of it in the new table, why not incorporate the window into the table with an artistic & useful design.

That’s the history, here are the pictures:

The old setup:

IMG_3581.jpg

The nasty window:

IMG_3583.jpg

Just a little rot:

IMG_3584.jpg

5 minutes with the proper tool:

IMG_3589.jpg

All gone:

IMG_3587.jpg

You know what happens next:

IMG_3585.jpg

Re-building begins, action shot of fine Irish craftsman, Michael McCullough, slappin the mud:

IMG_3588.jpg

Here is the footprint:

IMG_3594.jpg

Remember the old wall I knocked down to make way for the hut, it makes a re-cycled return appearance as ‘clean-fill’ support for the base of the new table:

IMG_3616.jpg

The base is complete & the interior walls are up:

IMG_3694.jpg

All done:

IMG_3695.jpg

IMG_3696.jpg

IMG_3698.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg

IMG_3701.jpg

The new mini home when not in use, it’s nice to have the entire work surface to prep food when cooking on the large, mini pops out only when needed

IMG_3697.jpg

Zippy the pig in his throne:

IMG_3630.jpg

IMG_3631.jpg

Finally, a shot for posterity sake:

IMG_3590.jpg
happy in the hut
West Chester Pennsylvania

Comments