Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks for the Newbie welcomes and my favorite Cheatin/Doctored Sauce

Options
Ohio Boy in DC
Ohio Boy in DC Posts: 67
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Appreciate the welcomes and some of the links to Newbie site.[p]Making sauce from scratch rocks of course, but when I need a quick doctor sauce from the Food Lion I simmer the following...really a darn good sauce when I need to cheat:[p]1/2 bottle Sweet Baby Ray's
Good pour of Cider Vinegar (1/2 cup or so)
Good pour of a sweet and spice mustard (1/4 cup or so)
Red Pepper Flakes[p]

Comments

• BluesnBBQ
    Options
    OhioBoy in DC,[p]A little bourbon is something else you should try adding to that sauce. Buy more bourbon than you need, because the chef gets the rest. :)[p]I use a sauce like that for wings. I grill the wings rubbed with just salt and pepper. When the skin is crispy, I brush some of the bourbon bbq sauce on, or put them in a container and coat them with the sauce. Then I put them back on the grill for a few more minutes. Try it some time.
  • MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Options
    OhioBoy in DC,
    As far as I am concerned you are starting with one of the best commercial sauces. Anything you add is just a big plus

• Ohio Boy in DC
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,
    the problem is i drink the bourbon to fast to put on the sauce![p]good tip...I'll give it a run