Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Deadliest Catch Incentive inTrouble

Options
TXTriker
TXTriker Posts: 1,177
edited November -1 in Off Topic
In case you didn't watch, the FV Incentive is in trouble in the hurricane. We won't know till next week!

Comments

• Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    Options
    I had to turn it off to many bleeps in for the youngens tonight.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    great episode tonight. ..along with last week's where the kid's sister died. ...some of the most compelling yet. ...can't wait for next week. ....can't believe keith took the wizard back out knowing the storm was blowing in after all he'd been through so far and how freaked he'd been this year. ...
  • TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Options
    I guess he's got his game back. He was second guessing himself before. Now, he had to drop all those pots just to get them off the boat.

I need to watch the show again tomorrow, but it sounded as if the Incentive may have rolled over. I was dividing my time between here and there and I'm afraid here got more attention. That is because it was recorded so I knew I wouldn't miss anything.

When this series ends, it's kind of like forum withdrawl to me. How about you guys?
  • porterhouse64
    Options
    I have not owned a TV for 8 years.

But I have seen a few minutes of it here and there.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    i like to think that there is good tv and bad tv. it's like reading.

on the face of it, reading is no better than watching television... it's all in what a person chooses to read (or watch).

lots of history on TV these days. shouldn't serve as a substitute for education, but does allow for some discovery or a leaping off point for further investigation.

JMHO
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
    Well, I've educated myself to the point that I know that I never want to work on a crab boat.
  • stike
    Options
    i used to infrequently hang out and hunt with a family friend from my hometown, and when he was maybe 18 (i'd have been 13 or 14), he got it into his head he was going to work out in alaska on (don't remember) either a crab or fishing boat. was a real gung ho kid. tough little scrapper

came back after a season and never talked about going back again.
    hahaha

i don't know how (in the early 80's) he would have heard about such "Alaskan adventure" and all that jazz...
  • bitslammer
    bitslammer Posts: 818
    Options
    stike wrote:
    i like to think that there is good tv and bad tv. it's like reading.

on the face of it, reading is no better than watching television... it's all in what a person chooses to read (or watch).

lots of history on TV these days. shouldn't serve as a substitute for education, but does allow for some discovery or a leaping off point for further investigation.

JMHO

Have to disagree there. There's plenty of clinical evidence to show that reading has many more benefits to cognitive development than does watching TV.
  • stike
    Options
    disagreement is fine.

just watched a little PBS about Crazy Horse, and a small bit on the role of the B-24 in the air war.

Now I'm going to go upstairs for my morning constitutional and read an old People Magazine about Matthew Perry's new hairstyle.

If you are correct, I'll come away from sitting on the toilet have lost and gained something.

(my point is that there is a lot of reading one can do which is worse than the "good" tv one might otherwise watch. nowhere did i say it was better to watch than read)

i read far more than i watch. FWIW. in fact, one of my favorite sayings is that "one should never just read a book, but re-read it". but i'm not willing to sweep tv under the carpet either. it has a purpose. ...albeit one that is overwhelmed quite a bit by the junk it's buried under
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
    I hung on telephone poles for 25 winters and when it got 10 degrees or lower with a wind chill our faces were completely covered except for our eyes. Which would be watering. It's amazing to see these guys in 30 below plus a 50 mph windchills with water spraying on them. They earn every dollar.
  • AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    I can tell you how it turns out if you really want to know.... hahaha
  • stike
    Options
    i was gonna say all we had to do was ask you. hahaha

i figured moderate googling would turn it up too.

we'd have heard if a ship with camera crew went down, i think
  • AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    I would think so. :)

Plus - the crew of the Incentive is Cho's ex's family, and she is still in touch with them, so we would know if they were dead.... or whatever....
  • stike
    Options
    that's cool.

small world.....

come back more often.