Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Throw Your Kabob Skewers Away!!

USDA PrimeUSDA Prime Posts: 89
edited 12:08AM in EggHead Forum
Well, just use them for old times sake. Try the wire basket. Faster, easier, allows smoke and food flavors to mingle better, makes seasoning and mop basting a snap. Just shake to gently toss and turn the basket for even smoking/cooking. Take a look...
http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=690966&catid=1
They are around $20 and are available at several sites online. Disclaimer: I'm not solicating or affiliated with this web site...
http://www.barbecue-smoker-grill.com/brsmba.html
Now I'm thinking smoked oysters, mmmmmmm!
Please share your opinion.
·

Comments

• Jupiter JimJupiter Jim Posts: 1,625
    It looks good to me, what is the diameter of it?
    JJ
    I'm only hungry when I'm awake!
    ·
  • NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    I went on line and it looks to be 15" dia - too big for the medium IMHO. I'm looking for something in the 8" dia range that I'll be able to use with the med and the additon of a mini.
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Seems like a different application than skewers to me. I like my cheap bamboo skewers. Less to clean up. Although I can think of a few things I could use that thing for..
    ·
  • USDA PrimeUSDA Prime Posts: 89
    Jim, it's sitting on an XL so 15"-16" wide and a little over 2" deep.
    ·