Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

big bob mn sad......

Options
big bob mn
big bob mn Posts: 41
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Looks like I might be leaving my wife and two boys in MN. to go work in Iowa. Im an electrician and going to work on the wind farms down south. Really dont want to but been out of work since Sept. I know get off the pity pot right? Just sad and will miss my wife and boys.

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Manley, IA?

Had a load of tower parts this winter on UPay RR . . .
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    I have been in the military for over 22 years and it sucks as much now as it did 20 years ago. But you gotta do what you gotta do. It was the big reason for my upcoming retirment, enough is enough. :woohoo: Pack them up and bring them with. At least you are in driving distance. ;)
  • big bob mn
    Options
    I think the big part for me is the unknown. Don't even have a place to stay yet. I know it will all work out, its just not the norm for us. But than again nothing in the world isn't exactly norm right now. Panhandle smoker thank you for all your years of service, its because of guys like you I have the ability to travel and work for a decent wage in this wonderful country of ours. Hats off to ALL our service men and woman around the world!!
    THANK YOU!!!
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    Thank you, truth is I enjoyed most of it. I got to see and do a lot of things I would have other wise not have. When you see the illegal migrants going through great lengths and risking their lives to get here you realize how good we really have it.

I would recommend looking into a Camper to live in. I purchased a nice 1975 Airstream for $5,000 and lived in it for a few years by my self. Park rental was $250. a month with all hook ups and I sold my Silver bullet for what I paid for it 4 years later. Airstreams hold their value well. It is hard to beat rent for $250. and have most of the comforts of home and a place for the wife and kids when they come to visit.
  • big bob mn
    Options
    Iv got a camper, problem is camp grounds up here close oct 1. And I'm pretty sure ill be there longer than that. I'm not one to sit around and hope something happens tho. When I get there Ill hit the ground running. Ill find some thing that works out.
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    Good time to check it out and work something out with the owner "night security" type trade off. :laugh: They would probably be willing to work something out. It is not like you come in for the weekend and gone again. Good luck. Maybe something closer will come up for you. :)
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Good luck, Bob!

My son-in-law is a crane operator and the jobs move all around. Kansas, Louisiana, next is Nebraska. But I think they are now going to establish a permanent base HERE (WooHoo) for my daughter and grandson, while he travels to the different sites.

Best to you and your family!