Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

the first official online throwdown

Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK this is copied and pasted from Bacchus' post last night:
Rules
• Must use Big Green Egg (only 1, any size). No other heat source permitted for any ingredient.
• No accessories allowed except your favorite set of tongs, meat thermometer, & aluminum foil. (No Guru, plate setter, etc)
• All Ingredients (including mystery) must be plated as a single dish(entree, appetizer, or dessert)
• Mystery Ingredient & mystery spice/herb must play a prominent role in the dish.
• Must be prepared July 24th - 25th
• Submission should include two pictures, one of the food on the egg with current major Newspaper in view. The second plated. Please submit by 11:30PM July 25th. New thread will be provided at approx 2:00pm for submissions and those who wish to “vote” on their favorite.
• Winner announced 7:00 – 9:00pm Sunday 26th

Must include the following:
1. Mystery Ingredient: Chicken thighs
2. Mystery Aromatic: basil, fresh or dried
3. a squash of some type
so what ever you fix must be all egged and have these three items as the mains.

I thought we should keep this simple to start. I hope some new eggers join in and give this a try. we are all on an even field here :) you can stuff or debone and what ever your heart desires! I know that some where in this world it is not raining 24/7 and gardens are giving fresh herbs and such LOL not here in Maine.... so the gloves are off and lets hit the recipe books and google!

Comments