Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled me some pineapple

Options
Kokeman
Kokeman Posts: 822
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I sprinkled with pineapple head and grilled @350 for a few minutes on both sides.
IMG_8222.jpg

On some vanilla ice cream
IMG_8224.jpg

yummy :)

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    It's the best! Looks great.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    I will get around to trying that one day. It looks really good on ice cream. :)
  • Bob V
    Bob V Posts: 195
    Options
    We love grilling pineapple!

I'm gonna suggest something that is going to sound like a complete turn-off, but you have to try it. This comes from Steve Raichlen's Barbecue Bible. One natural source of an MSG-like flavor enhancer is nuc mam, the Vietnamese fermented fish sauce.

Grill your pineapple and then drizzle about 1 T of nuc mam over the pieces. See what you think. I promise it tastes absolutely nothing like fermented fish.

Bob V