Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

WOO HOO!! MY FIRST FIREBALL!!!

smoky bsmoky b Posts: 648
edited 6:34PM in EggHead Forum
Believe it or not, no cussing and didn't drop the burgers!!

001.jpg

003.jpg

Comments

• BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Faawuuump! Welcome to the Egghead Forum.
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Oh my.. what a ball o' fire you had! :laugh: :) :laugh: Careful man!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • smoky bsmoky b Posts: 648
    Yeah it was crazy big. I forgot to burp it since the temp had dropped under 400. Big mistake!
  • Smokin TigerSmokin Tiger Posts: 352
    Welcome to the club! :blink: :laugh: :laugh: Oh yeah and try not to do that again.... :whistle: B)
  • KokemanKokeman Posts: 816
    I was cooking tilapia Saturday and had a cast iron pan in at 500. I lifted the lid and the butter ignited! :ohmy:
    Big fire! duh I should have known better.
    slowly learning never underestimate the power of the egg. I think she was mad at me since I ran out of lump and loaded her up with briquettes :woohoo:
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,791
    Did the eyebrows survive?
    For the most part...trimmed em up pretty good!
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Don't stare at your meal, it will come back to haunt you.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • EggscriberEggscriber Posts: 276
    ...my eyebrows are still growing in after my last fireball! :ohmy: I think I can still smell it!!
  • Boilermaker BenBoilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
    Good lord man, didn't your mother teach you to burp?!
  • RVHRVH Posts: 523
    This is what we refer to as a "self-correcting mistake". ;)
  • Egmont KeyEgmont Key Posts: 69
    Can you show me that again so I will learn how not to do that. I don't need that experience.
  • eggfaneggfan Posts: 73
    I bet that smelled good!!!!!!!!!!
  • 02Roush202Roush2 Posts: 119
    I'm laughing with ya and not at ya! Been there and done that and almost wet myself! Happened with my very first cook....... Poor wife came running out on the deck thinking I had blown something up! Nice pic's - wish I would have thought to take a couple afterwards...
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: