Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

La Bomba Road Trip

LRL
LRL Posts: 12
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My 21 year old called today from Gainesville and lets me know that he and three friends are taking a road trip to Canada.They are going to Ontario to London and Toronto for a wedding.So--the gearz start turning and Im thinking that I might be able to score some La Bomba spread.I was hoping that some of you eggers North of the border might let me know the name of a store or stores in that area where he could pick some up for me. Thanks--Larry

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Larry,

Let me know when they will be in Toronto. I'll take them to the distributor.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    If they take the Tunnel to Canada tell them to eat at Tunnel BBQ. As soon as they pass customs, they will see it on the right. Or ask and they will point them right to it. Still order spices from them once in a while. I moved from that area in 76.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    How many liters can you bring south? 8 - )
  • LRL
    LRL Posts: 12
    Thanks for that offer. The guys will be in Toronto the middle of next week for three days. Ill shoot you an email when I get more info. I personally have never been over the border. Does customs have rules and regs as far as bottled foods? Thanks larry
  • Little Steven
    Larry,

I don't think most of the rules on fruits and vegetables apply to canned stuff. I think they might question large quantities but I have never declared it. They only have to worry about US customs. I did get asked about four cases I had while going over once. I just said that I bought it the day before and didn't think to take it out of the truck. It is a lot cheaper at the distributor than the stores and worth the detour. It is in Mississauga which they will drive through on the way to TO anyway. If they have room you should have them pick up some Maple Leaf lump as well.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Larry,

BTW we have some heavy sales tax here. Tell the boys to keep every receipt they get and they can claim a refund before they go back into the States. That applies to everything, hotels, purchases, meals and Bomba.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON