Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Just need the final touches!

70chevelle70chevelle Posts: 278
edited 11:42PM in EggHead Forum
Got the new home for the egg trimmed and painted in the past 2 weeks. Still need to install a baseboard and a step for the bar. Not sure about the eggcessory storage yet, I have a little space, but haven't decided exactly what to do yet. Here are the pic's. It's a very relaxing and enjoyable place to gather for my family and friends.

042.jpg

043.jpg

045.jpg
·

Comments

• i sure hope that's an egg under that webber cover!! :lol: otherwise, that looks really really nice!!
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Nice job,neat and organized. Get it finished and get a group out there.

Enjoy,
    Bordello
    ·
  • Man, that is cool!
    San Angelo, texas
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Very nice...what material are the cabinets and work area made out of????
    ·
  • That is "Downtown" 70c. Nice view as well.
    ·
  • 70chevelle70chevelle Posts: 278
    Bordello wrote:
    Nice job,neat and organized. Get it finished and get a group out there.

Enjoy,
    Bordello

Had about 20 people around it on the 4th until about 12:00am, with 3 cooks behind the bar manning the egg! It wasn't painted and the trim was only around the bar area, but it worked just fine.

I framed with steel studs. The finished "walls" are Certainteed Stucco cement board. The trim is called Azek, which is plastic, and the tile is granite. Lowes was clearing it out and my wife assured me it has browntones, even though it seemed to be pinkish to my colorblind eyes.

Thanks for all the comments!
    ·
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    We need to break that baby in with multiple cooks-parties.

LOOKS GREAT!!!

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Nice setup! :)
    ·
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    I like it, I am in the middle of a similar project, I had decided to try to stucco it my self, however I like the look of the product you used, I will definetely take a look at my local Lowes
    ·
  • EGGARYEGGARY Posts: 1,222
    That is really SWEET ! Too bad I already I already made my table......

I hope you are in the business because you should be by what we see.

Enjoy !

Gary
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,391
    Do you keep your egg covered with the Webber cover so no one steals it?????
    ·
  • Aunt CrazyAunt Crazy Posts: 378
    This is just lovely. I know your crowd loves it!
    ·
  • 70chevelle70chevelle Posts: 278
    eenie meenie wrote:
    Do you keep your egg covered with the Webber cover so no one steals it?????

Yes. And they fit well and cost $7!
    ·