Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reheating Pulled Pork

Options
Ribhead
Ribhead Posts: 123
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did 2 pork butts yesterday - pulled pork was great!

I did extra so I have some this week! Any preferred method as far as reheating! Thinking most of you are not using the microwave!

Thanks

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    The best re-heat I've had was in a slow cooker, with a bottle of good root beer added.
  • tbonemac
    tbonemac Posts: 69
    Options
    I like placing it in a ziplock and placing in some boiling water to reheat. Keeps the moisture in and when you open the bag it smells like it just came off the egg again.
  • porterhouse64
    Options
    I reheat in a pan with Dr Pepper and then add a little Sweet Baby Rays.
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    I like to heat it with sauce already on it. Helps keep it from drying. I just nuke it myself.

If you've food saved it. I just boil the bags.
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Many reheat with Coke Classic or Dr Pepper. It adds about 250 calories or so per can, so the wife says NO!

I have reheated in a 200* or so oven, covered with about a cup of water and 1/2 cup apple juice (for a whole pulled butt).

We usually measure out about a pint per bag, vacuum seal and freeze. Then you just drop the sealed bag in boiling water and viola!

Suggest you invest in a Food Saver vacuum sealer (we got a new one at Sam's for about $99). Great investment!
  • porterhouse64
    Options
    I only use about 1 ounce when reheating.

Just enough to get it moist before adding the sauce.

I drink the rest or the can :whistle:

"Every calorie says 'yea' to life." --
    Murray Rothbard
  • CaptainJimmy
    CaptainJimmy Posts: 158
    Options
    i reheat in the microwave with a squirt of NC vinegar sauce... comes out fine

the other methods above will also be equally good, but I'm impatient.

I did however cook 2 butts for my daughters baptism a couple weeks ago. I pulled them at 195 and rested them, and then pulled them. The next day i added apple juice and NC vinegar sauce to the tray and reheated in my old Smokey Mountain gasser chest smoker (Now used as an outdoor warming oven lol). The pork came out phenomenal when reheated the next day.