Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First time Ribs

RodRod Posts: 61
edited 4:47AM in EggHead Forum
Hi Everyone,
Really appreciate this forum.

Tried my first ribs today and used Car Wash Mike's Recipe on a Large Egg. Took me about 5.5 hours. Tried to follow the directions to the T and had some guests say they were the best ribs they had ever eaten. Used Dizzy Dust and apple wood chips. Probably could have used more wood but I'm not complaining.

original.jpg

An hour or two in misting with 50/50 apple juice and cider vinegar each hour.

original.jpg

Used Bullseye BBQ sauce (brown suger and hickory)

original.jpg

Forgot to get the dinner plate shot as we were serving but managed a side shot.

original.jpg

This was the first time I've ever smoked anything this long and enjoyed the whole experience. Really adds an extra element to having guests over.

Thank you!
Rod
·

Comments

• CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,679
    Great looking meaty ribs there Rod. btw, time to get a gallon jug of French's at Costco :woohoo:
    -Gary
    canuckland
    ·
  • Rice nibbies - now your guest will be lurking around sniffin the air B)
    ·
  • Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,616
    Those look terrific! A huge round of applause for this guy, please.

Will you tell us what that setup is?

Judy :P
    San Diego, CA
    Judy in San Diego
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Gives you plenty of time for a few cold ones B) Ribs look great.
    ·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,035
    Those look great, Rod!! I have a copy of Mike's rib notes that I didn't burn if you need them!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    ·
  • GrillerGriller Posts: 88
    Lookin' good there! What temperature did you cook them?
    ·
  • RodRod Posts: 61
    Oh yes, forgot the setup!

Was cooking indirect at 200-220 three hours.
    Then 250 and 275 to finish with sauce.

Spider with 13" stone (indirect) and adjustable grill. Inverted a rib rack on top.
    Used some HD foil for a drip pan.
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Great looking ribs, congratulations. If I can ever get to Costco I will get some BB's being as I messed up the spare's I have been trying.

Regards,
    Bordello
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Tastee lookin ribs!Ain't it fun? ;)
    ·
  • BasscatBasscat Posts: 666
    I've seen Mike cook ribs, and yours look pretty close to the original! Nice cook!
    ·
  • Aunt CrazyAunt Crazy Posts: 378
    And don't you love it when they tell you it is the best they ever had? Great looking ribs!
    ·