Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rain Hat

Red Stick EggerRed Stick Egger Posts: 53
edited 7:19PM in EggHead Forum
It has been raining a lot here in south Louisiana the past few weeks, and my egg doesn't have any shelter as of yet. That doesn't have to slow me down any longer:

DSC00965.jpg

Well it really didn't slow me down before either, I just thought this looked cool.
·

Comments

• Reverend BSBReverend BSB Posts: 157
    Did you buy that at Goodwood Hardware?
    ·
  • Yep :-)
    ·
  • Tony S.Tony S. Posts: 114
    That is so cute.
    Manitoba, Canada Large BGE
    ·
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    That does look cool, this looks like like crap ...
    RainCover.jpg
    but it works and it was cheap :laugh:
    ·
  • But that sexy handle more than makes up for it. Did you make that yourself?
    ·
  • Sweet handle!!!!!!!!
    ·
  • GrillerGriller Posts: 88
    That is an epic handle. Not to hijack this thread (rain hat) please share details.
    ·
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    I made it with a couple of pieces of scrap Birch plywood glued together and carved with a Dremel Moto tool to kind of fit my left hand. I gave it about 5 coats of Poly and mounted it to the egg metal handle from the back with a couple of long thin round headed screws. I once made a plywood slingshot with a custom grip and liked the way the plywood layers brought out the shape.
    Handle.jpg
    Next project; a full size reproduction of Michelangelo'David done in laminate plywood. :woohoo:
    ·