Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rain Hat

Red Stick EggerRed Stick Egger Posts: 53
edited 2:22PM in EggHead Forum
It has been raining a lot here in south Louisiana the past few weeks, and my egg doesn't have any shelter as of yet. That doesn't have to slow me down any longer:

DSC00965.jpg

Well it really didn't slow me down before either, I just thought this looked cool.

Comments

• Reverend BSBReverend BSB Posts: 157
    Did you buy that at Goodwood Hardware?
  • Yep :-)
  • Tony S.Tony S. Posts: 114
    That is so cute.
    Manitoba, Canada Large BGE
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    That does look cool, this looks like like crap ...
    RainCover.jpg
    but it works and it was cheap :laugh:
  • But that sexy handle more than makes up for it. Did you make that yourself?
  • Sweet handle!!!!!!!!
  • GrillerGriller Posts: 88
    That is an epic handle. Not to hijack this thread (rain hat) please share details.
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    I made it with a couple of pieces of scrap Birch plywood glued together and carved with a Dremel Moto tool to kind of fit my left hand. I gave it about 5 coats of Poly and mounted it to the egg metal handle from the back with a couple of long thin round headed screws. I once made a plywood slingshot with a custom grip and liked the way the plywood layers brought out the shape.
    Handle.jpg
    Next project; a full size reproduction of Michelangelo'David done in laminate plywood. :woohoo: