Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First CyberQ cook

Options
JackGT
JackGT Posts: 64
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I grabbed a 6.5 lb butt at the grocery store for my first try with the CyberQ II. The only tricky part was mounting the flat fan mount in the curved lower draft door, but a little coaxing with a screwdriver was all it needed. Otherwise it was a breeze! It was already set to 275 pit and 185 meat, so I just left it at that, got the egg up to about 300, and let 'er rip. And went to bed. :)

I made a couple of fuel management mistakes, so I almost ran out of lump before it was done, but it cooked in about 10 hrs. It's resting in a cooler now. I'm going to try some baby backs this afternoon. So far I'm impressed, the computer interface is really cool!

Comments

• Griller
    Griller Posts: 88
    Options
    Wow JackGT, talk about coincidence. I had my first cyberQ cook yesterday (pork butt below) and I have two racks of St. Louis style ribs for today.

Good luck with the cook today! What type of wood are you using for your ribs?

IMG_9840.jpg

IMG_9842.jpg

IMG_9848.jpg
  • Griller
    Griller Posts: 88
    Options
    Wow JackGT, talk about coincidence. I had my first cyberQ cook yesterday (pork butt below) and I have two racks of St. Louis style ribs for today.

Good luck with the cook today! What type of wood are you using for your ribs?

IMG_9840.jpg

IMG_9842.jpg

IMG_9848.jpg
  • rosros
    rosros Posts: 408
    Options
    Looks like you dinner is mirror mine. My 6lb butt is coming off soon; its at 191. I have the cyber set at 230 pit and 197food. Ribs and abt going on next while the butt rest. Will add some of the pulled pork to the abts. Can't wait til dinner, I may sneak a sandwich in there :laugh:
  • JackGT
    JackGT Posts: 64
    Options
    I always seem to use hickory. Just love that flavor!
  • sebring96hbg
    Options
    B);):) :laugh: :angry: :blink: :P :sick: :ohmy: :( :unsure: :kiss: :pinch: :silly: :woohoo: :lol::whistle: :evil: :S :huh: :ermm: :cheer: :blush: