Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Iowa Aman Beef XXL T-Bones n Biscuits (pics)

Dave ShadyDave Shady Posts: 247
edited 9:07AM in EggHead Forum
Well friday night went out with friends had steak and shrimp at a local joint. should of known better... was TERRIBLE so we took a ride on the motorcycle yesterday and aquired some nice THICK T-Bones to enjoy and tried biscuits for the 1st time. A few photos... cookin bacon and biscuits this am here in a lil bit.

And the yummie finished product... wow was it redemption from the night before! and the best biscuits from a CAN (grands butter jumbos) I have ever had. Steaks only seasoned in salt and pepper.

Thats all folks......

• smoky bsmoky b Posts: 648
    That looks great! Do you use regular lump when doing biscuits?
  • Dave ShadyDave Shady Posts: 247
    I think lol
    yes just used the BGE lump as I always do....going to put the pizza stone under them this am for breakfast. the bottoms were a lil brown but still good. that may help.
  • Aunt CrazyAunt Crazy Posts: 378
    So you did the first bisquits direct, but raised? Everything looks yummy!
    just as shown, raised and direct 350 for 13 minutes.

going to try just the stone under the pan this am.
  • i showed my 3 year old and she said she wanted to come to your house to eat! Now that's a real compliment because she is a picky eater. :laugh:
    Appreciate the compliment, any 3 year old that gets eggcited by STEAK has gotta have some EGGCELENT genes!
  • rosrosrosros Posts: 408
    With prices at restaruants, hard to justify the expense, especially if you can cook better at home. With those prices, you can go to a local butcher and pick up some nice prime steaks and really enjoy. Those steaks look great.
    fired up and I run a 2" extension ring under my thicker ring in the egg. I put my plate setter upside down and the extension grip on that. I think will be a winner.

Will post results.
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Great looking meal Dave. Those are the nicest looking steaks I've seen in a long time. I wouldn't know where to buy steaks like that around here and if I did I would have to rob a bank first! I hope they taste as good as they look.

• iabbqguyiabbqguy Posts: 27
    Wow, nice looking Amana T-Bones!! Dave, what part of Iowa are you from?
    well they werent to bad, HyVee had them onsale for $13.00 each. 1 3/4" THICK mmmmmm

And we got leftovers might go well with the eggs this am or some soft shell steak tacos :P
    Clinton area, right on the Mississippi north of Davenport/Moline.... Feels like were livin in canada these past few days though. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    yeah I paid 30$ for 2 crappy steaks and lil shrimps... I felt like i was cheating on my egg :)

Dinner our 32$ with tip
    Thoes 2 steaks and Biscuits $28.00 and no tip.
  • Eggs make awsome biskets

• Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Sounds like a good price Dave, it's not like your going to have them every night . . . are you? :woohoo:

• Gandy DancerGandy Dancer Posts: 272
    nothing like homemade biscuits