Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help with parts

ctj
ctj Posts: 3
edited November -1 in Off Topic
I bought a xlarge BGE last week. Today I opened the box to put it together. And I found that I didn't get all the parts.

All that was in the box was the base and the dome w/gaskets, the firebox and fire ring,and a small ceramic cover.

What all am I missing? Bands, firegrate, grill? Thermometer? Dome damper? Shoes?

I'm guessing that I'm missing an entire box of parts.

The store I bought it at hasn't been very helpful. They don't seem to know what they sold me.

I not very happy.
I don't even have any kind of a packing list.

TIA

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Find the "one" at your dealer that has a clue. Then you'll get the rest. Stupid dealers don't deserve eggs.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    You should really post this on the other side of the forum.

I don't have an XL.

List what is on your invoice and someone who knows will jump in and give you a detailed list of what should have come with the XL.

GG
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Hi ctj, Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear your dilemma. On page 8 of the manual under "Unpacking the Components" they are listed as:

Box #1

(1) Ceramic Base
    (1) Ceramic Lid
    (1) Ceramic Fire Ring
    (1) Ceramic Fire Box
    (1) Ceramic Damper Top
    (3) Ceramic Shoes

Box #2

(1) Spring Assisted Band
    (1) Cast Iron Fire Grate
    (1) Porcelain Cooking Grid
    (1) Dual Function Metal Top
    (1) Temperature Gauge
    (1) Manual
    (1) CD/DVD

Hope this helps.

Gator
  • ctj
    Thanks for the help. As I thought, they didn't give me the second box. The salesperson and the store manager are both clueless as to what their store sells. They tried to push it off on me to tell them exactly what I'm missing, of course I'm missing the manual that tells me what I should have.

I bought the egg, 60" table, plate setter and a pizza stone a week ago yesterday. A little over $1700. The table is on back order for 4 weeks, and I don't have all the egg parts. When I bought it they said they had it in stock, after I paid for it they said the would get it from the warehouse in two days. Two days later when I went to pick it up, there was no one at the store to help me load it in my truck. No loading dock or forklift so I had to come back the next day with my trailer w/ramp.

I'm glad I paid with a credit card. I they don't have the rest of the parts on Monday I'm going to tell the credit card company dis-allow the charge and I'll go somewhere else to buy one.

Again, Thanks for the help.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    you should pull their pants down. let us know who it was.

or maybe, before you do that, give them a chance to rectify it to your satisfaction first. butif you get nothing but ignorance, you'd be doing them and everyone else a favor by letting us (the forum and its visitors) know.

lame dealers are a problem in the distribution stream. i am as much for calling out dealers that folks should stay away from as I am for praising the good ones we should patronize.

where are you? ... where did you get such great service?
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • ctj
    Well I got the other box of parts from the dealer today. When I got home I opened it up and found that the spring/hinge don't look anything like what the DVD shows. Its 4 separate galv.brackets not assembled. I'm going to guess its an older model spring assembly.

Also I didn't get the shoes.