Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Table

Options
Scott
Scott Posts: 47
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I would like to know if the large wood table w/ wheels is a good table. Thanks

Comments

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Scott, I built Guru's beach house table by using rough measurements from my little wood table that came with my egg. It costs about 16 bucks and his is big enough to put another egg in if he decided and wider than mine. Build it yourself with treated wood, galv deck screws, and bolts for the legs. Use 4x4 posts for the legs and you can buy rollers that will attach to them and you can roll the whole thing around effortlessly. 2x4 legs will work, but aren't as sturdy. The wood tables are fine even if you get one from the egg store. They have the plans online here at the BGE website too.

• Mike Oelrich
    Options
    Scott,[p] Yes, the table is good. However, as King-O-Coals mentioned, it is quite easy to build your own out of pressure treated wood (or you can use cedar like BGE uses). I built a table for my Large BGE with 10" wheels for about $60. You can use the plans on this website (link below) as a starting point.
    [ul][li]Table Plans[/ul]
  • Kamper
    Kamper Posts: 41
    Options
    Scott,[p]Check out JJ's egg altar, ahem, table. It's the "Mother of all Egg tables" and can be sighted at his bio.[p]Kamper

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    Scott, I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean the table shown in BGE's plans, yes it it a very good table. I made mine from deck boards and added wheels and it is a very good table for a large egg and I am adding a small egg into the same table. I put wheels on all four legs so I can maneuver the table anywhere on the deck easily and I can say it is very strong, and with the pressure treated lumber, it will be around for Many years.
    'later, ChefRD.

• BBQ-BoB
    BBQ-BoB Posts: 124
    Options
    Scott,[p]Having a mobile table for the large egg works best for me. I move mine around my patio for cleaning or to accomodate other activities. Any table, mobile or not is a fine accessory to cooking on the egg. I used the plans posted here for a guide for mine. I personally think the table at BBQ Galore is too much money...so I built my own for less than half the price.....[p]I can provide you with more details if you like..by email.[p]BBQ-BoB
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Posts: 319
    Options
    I used the plans from the bge with cca lumber from lowes, cost was about $80. Wheels are a must.
  • AnE
    AnE Posts: 26
    Options
    Scott,The plans for the table on the website are great--and a good table can be had relatively cheaply. On the other hand, Alan-who tends to go a bit overboard at times- went to the fine wood store over the weekend and got 50 board feet of Honduran mahaghony to make a piece of furniture that will, by coincidence, hold a large Egg...He's using the above mentioned plans as a starting point...he's even found a Corian cutting board with a painting of Ducks in flight embedded in it...(Aye, aye, aye...they ask me why I drink...)When (IF??) this contraption ever gets built, I will borrow our friend's digital camera to post a picture on the forum... Cheers! Elizabeth (who's basement now resembles a miniature Home Depot...)

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    AnE,
    Elizabeth, Alan sounds like a man after my own heart! Remember, there are priorities, and then there are PRIORITIES! Not to mention certain custom and "religous" beliefs that must be followed! Hang in there Alan, sounds great and we're anxious to see the end results! [p]Dr. Chicken[p]p.s.: I hope the ducks have their wings cupped as if landing amongst your decoys!

• AnE
    AnE Posts: 26
    Options
    Dr. Chicken,there are priorities, and then PRYORITIES...sounds like you've met Alan... Cheers! Elizabeth

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    AnE,
    No, but I know we'd be friends instantly! The line of business sounds close to mine and his priorities, with duck hunting, fishing, Egging, Q'ing.......What else is there to life? Decisions! Decisions![p]Dr. Chicken
    p.s: His "better half" sounds alot like mine. When the mess up's occur, they are enough to blow a "gasket", but we're both better off splitting a gut laughing about them!

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    AnE,
    I hope you noticed my subtle reference about "gaskets"![p]Dr. Chicken