Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New CyberQ II - Amazing

lilaccityhearthlilaccityhearth Posts: 142
edited 2:52PM in EggHead Forum
Set it up. Now i am watching the cook from my laptop holding temp for 4 hours. Simple amazing. Just smelling the pork butt cook.
·

Comments

• WokOnMediumWokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    I bought myDigiQII right before this was ready...maybe I should have waited! That's really cool. Congratulations!!!!!!!
    ·
  • GrillerGriller Posts: 88
    Congratulations! Do you have a long USB cable or did you buy a wireless USB hub? Also, how did you configure it for the pork butt? I just got a cyberQII and am looking to do my first pork butt cook this weekend.

Good luck with it, looking forward to the pics.
    ·
  • 10ft usb cable through the window that the AC is in 215 degree. did complete setup on laptop very user friendly pics coming soon. kids are in the tub
    ·
  • mattrappmattrapp Posts: 107
    You just had to rub it in didn't you, knowing I'm sitting here waiting for mine! I really want to check this thing out. How easy was it to set up? Does anybody have a tried and true set up for going wireless? I'm not terribly computer savvy.
    ·
  • Good Question i have seen post of wireless hubs that dont work. Suggestions would help. I would like to go wireless too.
    ·
  • rosrosrosros Posts: 408
    They are still fine tuning. They are on the 2nd generation software and firmware. I have version 9.0 loaded.

Easiest way for internet is to use a cheap netbook as a bridge. With 3rd party freeware like crossloop, you take control of the netbook from another computer with permission.
    ·
  • BuxwheatBuxwheat Posts: 727
    lilaccityhearth wrote:
    ...i am watching the cook from my laptop holding temp for 4 hours. Simple amazing. Just smelling the pork butt cook.
    You can actually smell it cooking on your laptop? That's some computer you have. Must be a Mac.
    ·
  • Just wondering how you getting updates? Checked the web site and nothing I can find suggests updates are available.

--Dave
    ·
  • FSUScotsmanFSUScotsman Posts: 754
    over the DigiQ?
    ·
    updates are avail for your specific serial number only. i got mine direct from guru emailed to me. some of the files they sent me were beta as we had problems getting my lap top to communicate with the guru. version 9.0 firmware did the trick. i have vista home premium 64bit service pack 2. i think the firmware was suppose to make the buttons more responsive to touch.
    ·
    $90 for being able to control two pits or two food on same pit, computer monitor and control, latest technology, able to display both temp and pit at the same time...overall scheme in life not much extra for all of the additional feature set. but it is 90 above the cost of the digi which is no chump change.
    ·
  • Thanks. They also sent me a version because it wouldn't connect to my laptop either. Had to do with the comm ports I had tied up. Haven't had a problem since.

--Dave
    ·
    Just like what rosros wrote - $90 to control two pits and get the cool graphs. On the positive side, I know a second egg is in my future and I justified the extra $$ on that alone. One thing I must admit is that I'm very disappointed I'll be in this thing for another $100 or so to get the wireless hub so I don't have to run a wire through a window or door.
    ·
    LOL. Totally agree.
    ·