Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Disapointed with Canadian BGE customer service

BenCour
BenCour Posts: 62
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This was sent to BGE USA and BGE Canada

Hello,

I am writting you this e-mail because I'm currently disapointed with the current service I'm getting with either purchasing accessories or with a warranty claim for my Big Green Egg. I'm a resident of Laval, Quebec and I can't understand why it takes more than a month in order to receive a Cast Iron grid with a grid extender for my Large egg (BTW I'm still waiting for it). My dealer also submitted a claim for a Nomex gasket more than a month ago (My original gastket had to be replaced after 2 weeks of < 300F cook) and we are still waiting for the replacement. After talking with my dealer, I understand that the current Quebec distributor doesn't stock any BGE parts / accessories anymore and every order has to go throught a tideous process which results in way too long delays. I would also like to add that I have nothing bad to say about my dealer, the service I'm getting from them so far is good. As a comparison, I also own a Napoleon grill and believe me the support I'm getting with them is by far supperior. After browsing the community forum I came to the conclusion that the service in the US is a lot better with many great comments about it so I'm thinking that it is a local issue.

As additional information I want to share the content of my inital purchase :

LHD Big Green Egg Large
NestL Nest
V5TC Ventilated cover
V5VCA Ventilated cover
ATAsh tool
GGGrid gripper
BS14 (BSL)Pizza stone
PS14 (PSL)Plate setter
VRP V-Rack
HMRGL Half Moon Raised Grid for Large EGG, includes Drip Pan
3TIER 3-Tier Grill Extender
2LFR2" Fire Ring

I got tired of waiting for the 3Tier and 2LFR, which I replaced for the 18CI cast iron grid and GX grid extender. It took 3 weeks in order to receive the egg. I had to wait 1 month in order to receive the HMRGL and now, more than 2 months after my initial purchase, I'm still waiting for the 18CI and GX.

The goal of this short e-mail is not to be negative but to let you know that things aren't working quite well in my area and I think that the current proccess needs to be revisited. I wanted to make sure that you are aware of the current situation and sincerely hope that this e-mail will have a positive impact on the current process. I would like to add that I really like my egg and especially the extraordinary community that comes with it (www.eggheadforum.com). I would not hesitate to recommend your product but as of right now I would still warn them of the "not up to par" service that comes with this expensive product.

Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you require further information,

Best regards,

Ben

CC : www.eggheadforum.com

Comments

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    I don't get it.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    I think that's a Napoleon Grill.
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    OK now I get it :laugh: I'm a little slow today.
  • Grand Oeuf Vert
    Grand Oeuf Vert Posts: 1,631
    I don't quite get it. I've gotten great service from BGE Canada. When my dealer orders something in for me, it is usually there in a day or two. Hopefully you'll get a prompt reply from BGE Canada to get this issue resolved. Hope to meet you at NiEGGaraFest.
  • They will get back to you soon. I got great results from BGE when we were in the same position with a very poor distributor. They remedied the situation quickly now all is good. Good luck :)
  • BenCour
    BGE CS promptly replied to my e-mail and even called me back. It seems that most of the issues are related to my dealer who keeps adding to the same purchase order different items for other customers in order to save on shipping. I now know what to do next !!!
  • maXim
    maXim Posts: 468
    Ben sorry to hear about all your problems with your dealer. I know of 2 dealers which I have had great service so far. The first is in Brossard and the other in Vaudreuil. Although far the dealer in Vaudreuil has a lot of inventory and quite a selection of products, wood chunks, chips, sauces ect...

Maxim.
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Hi Ben:

Sorry to hear about the problems you've experienced.

My dealer ordered some items for me and told me they'd
    take up to 3 weeks for delivery. (something about having one large shipment instead of a bunch of small ones) I wasn't in a rush so I didn't care. A few days later, they called me to tell me the shipment had arrived.

I think SOME Cdn dealers have BGE products as a side line. Hence the reason SOME don't know much about the product. I believe they combine all their little shipments into 1 large shipment which could explain the long delivery times.

Michael

PS - looking forward to meeting you at nieggara fest.
  • BenCour
    Thanks maXim,

I went to the dealer in Vaudreuil a couple of times. I guess I will go there from now on.

Cheers,

Ben
  • maXim
    Ben, are you going to Nieggara Fest? Hope to see you there if you do B)
  • maXim
    Micheal I agree with you.

I only know of 1 dealer that specializes in BBQ in the Montreal and surrounding area. If I search for dealers on BGE.ca I notice its mostly fireplace stores and such. I guess our weather makes it hard for a real BBQ & Grilling store to survive in winter - just my 2 cents.

Maxim
  • FSUScotsman
    FSUScotsman Posts: 754
    That's the same problem many of us have. I want to order a new egg for my dad but now the dealer wants to either wait or tag on the shipping. Sorry, but that's just a cost of doing business if you aren't going to carry proper stock. I've bought THREE eggs from this dealer now and he still wanted to charge me freight!!!

To say the least I'm a little bent. :angry:
  • BenCour
    Unfortunatly I can't make it. I wish you all a lot of fun down there !

Ben