Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first posted pic.... Veal Normandy

UnConundrum
UnConundrum Posts: 536
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
dinner3.jpg
<p />My first posted picture: tonight's dinner, Veal Normandy. T-Rexed veal chop topped with sauted apple slices, carmalized onions, and a calvados - veal stock reduction served on garlic mashed potatoes. ;) Alf and Psycho enjoyed the bones...

Comments

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Looks great, Un!!!!!!
  • UnConundrum,[p]Not bad for a first posted pic. I think you make Jock Pepin look bad.[p]ST
  • UnConundrum,[p]That sure is lookin like poppas sled you done served that fine lookin meal on. The meal sure does look good..but that sled....does bring back some long forgotten memories for the Stump. It reminds me of just how tough poppa really is.[p]I remember the days when poppa used to take us sleddin down to ol' crooks hill..the thrill of tryin to get to the bottom first..to make it through the narrow opening in the ol new england field stone wall...lookin over at the competition..the Jetson twins..god bless em...lookin back..smilin with their toothless grins..an evil look in their eyes..the scars on their chins glistening in the sun..as they skimmed along..ridin on about twenty layers of reynolds aluminum foil..the sound of krinkling aluminum filling the air as..just at the last moment..we dug our feet hard..into the crusty snow..to let them through the opening..[p]Ahhh those were the days..until one time..poppa got it into his giant cranium that he wanted to have some fun sleddin with us..and he done came around carryin mommas giant spatula. Poppa got up at the top of crooks hill..and he laid down that spatula..stuck it under his giant wooly behind (poppa sure was proud of his wooly behind..claimin he didn't need much protection from the cold ...on accounta it..so most of the time in the winter months..he went around with just shorts on)..and at the count of three..them Jetson twins took off like you read about..streamin dwon that hil..and poppa..with giant push from us..started out down the hill just fine..his wooly behind perched atop that spatula..leanin back..his face pointin up..smilin like you read about...his big boots stickin straight up..and it sure seemed like poppa might catch up...till...[p]There was parts of poppa what musta got scared..seein that stone wall comin up fast..and they done musta made a plan to stop poppa..cept they sorta made it look like an accident..cause down near the bottom..at the most bumpy part of the sled run..they done took the opportunity..to help poppa....and as me and my friends watched in horror..they done threw themselves..in front of that spatula..as if they was a coupla sunny side up eggs..what needed some flippin..and they got sucked up under that spatula sled..and to the drowning sound of poppas scream..he literally screached to a stop...just in front of that stone wall..provin what mommas been tellin us for years was true..poppa really does think with his prickly pears...[p]I still remember the feeling of relief..seein poppa stop just short of that stone wall..followed by a sight I will not soon forget..poppa walking back up the hill..gingerly balancing two flamin red prickly pears atop mommas prized giant spatula in front of him...a look of shame on his face...as he moved that spatula back and forth..in an attempt to keep them from landing in the cold cold snow..a trail bein left behind him..two footprints..and in between..two distinct trails..abviously plowin a mound of snow...tween em...up the slope...[p]It sure took us a long time to get poppa back to sleddin with us..and it wasn't till we got him one of them triangle sleds like in your photo there..where he could sit back..knowin full well..that...his emergency brakes had a place to sit..till he..and only he..knew he needed them..at which time.with a mere flick of his wrist....he could fling them off the sled in front of him..and lean back..as they took hold..and when they did..he'd lurch forward..and quickly come to a stop.[p]
    I'll never forget those days..skimming alongside of poppa..fighting with him to make it through the opening...and just when I knew I'd won..I could look over at poppa..and see the defeat in his eyes..and watch..almost in slow motion..as he succumbed to defeat..and he'd reach over with his left hand..and throw out the brakes...his right hand holdin for dear life onto the rim of that plate.....and the snow would fly..first out the front of the sled..then out the back..and poppa would be yellin...knowin he'd been..beat...[p]
    ahh..those are the days my friend..thanks for the memories[p]ahh...the life of a Stump.[p]StumpBaby [p]

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    StumpBaby,[p]I sat here chuckling while I read your story about sledding with your daddy.
    My wife came in and started reading over my shoulder and made the observation that "this just confirms the fact the whole Egg cult is nuts." She really doesn't understand - but, she loves the food that comes out of Mr. Egg so she tries to ignore "those odd Egg people you seem to be attracted to."
    I wonder what would come up if I searched Google for giant craniums? Your family history maybe?

• UnConundrum,[p]next time post pics of the dog(s) - especially that cool looking dog.
  • Waiting%20for%20the%20Party.jpg
    <p />char buddy ,
    You mean this cool dude?

• UnConundrum,[p]that's my boy.[p]How's he doing?
  • Alf_Psycho.jpg
    <p />char buddy ,
    He's doing great! Once you get to know about their breed, if you can handle them, they're as addicting as a BGE. To the best of my knowledge, there is no other dog as demanding, nor as rewarding. Can you imagine 60 pounds of muscle running through the house at full speed, doing a 180 degree turn in about three feet, and ripping back out the way he came, setting a pattern, and repeating 5 or 6 times :) He'll hop on the bed and start doing 360's in the air, then rip off the bed and down the hallway :) If you prepare your house for them, they're totally entertaining and a joy to have around.[p]I'm going to see if I can attach another pic in line... if you see the code, I screwed up ;)[p][p]
    OnTheSofa2.jpg
    [p]