Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Frozen Burgers

FSUScotsman
FSUScotsman Posts: 754
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is there any protocol for doing frozen burgers on the egg? I've never tried it, but I forgot to thaw anything for dinner tonight and that's the only thing that I can think of that makes any sense. I don't want to go to the store!!!

Comments

• Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Cooked over 30 frozen burgers a few weeks ago. Was able to get about 8 at time on my large. I had it about 400*, raised grid (to make it easier to turn them). I put them on frozen, then after they thawed, seasoned them with DP Cowlick. Flipped after 4-5 minutes (thin burgers), added some Carnivore Robust sauce. When almost done, added a slice of cheddar cheese, let it melt and ...yummm
  • FSUScotsman
    These are pretty thick ones that I made and froze, I don't see why it should be any different except for time.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Ron,

We do the thick burgers from Costco. I cook them 400 raised grid indirect. About 5 minutes per side with DP Cow lick & then cheese... :silly:
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Ron,

I make big batches of burgers and freeze them all the time. My family prefers the frozen ones. They seem to stay juicier.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• FSUScotsman
    It's settled then!! Frozen burgers for dinner!!!!
  • TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    FSUScotsman:
    Misippi Egger:

I assume you just can't do a sear and then roast if your burgers are frozen?

I think yesterday they were talking about doing chicken pieces, etc. frozen. Most of what I cook is fresh from the grocery store (Fresh?) because what is in the freezer always seems to be frozen when I want it.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Ron,

Tip;

I make the burgers, separate them with parchment, freeze and then vacuum seal. Long storage life and no squished burgers.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Ray,

I'm normally like you. My wife, who works at home most days, is NOT, repeat, NOT a planner, so when I call in the afternoon to get a feel for dinner, there's usually nothing thawed out. :ohmy:
  • TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    That is mostly my fault Clark. It is called I don't know what she wants for dinner and I'm afraid to guess. Shouldn't be though. She does appreciate dinner ready when "she" gets home from work.