Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ROAST BEEF?

disabledDK
disabledDK Posts: 64
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi everyone! I'm a little confused about roast beef. Is it prime rib cut really thin or something totally different? I'm looking for the "roast beef" like you get at weddings and/or company functions. I'm cooking for the family on Easter, the word is they want a ham and maybe roast beef. Any comments/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all![p]DK

Comments

• DK, Thanks everyone for all the help! Have a great Easter![p]DK

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    DK-DK, I agree with you! This forum is meant to be a help to the question's and newbies posts. Its seems that it's become a bulletin board for self flatulence.
    No Cheering Char-Woody tonight![p]

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    DK,
    Not sure whether this will help, but here it goes. Prime rib is the same as a standing rib roast. You can either purchase it with the rib bones attached, or you can buy it boneless. (I believe boneless roast consists of the rib eye.) We prefer the roast with the ribs still attached. Prior to cooking, we cut the rib bones off, place slices of onion/shallot, slivers of garlic, spices and even bacon between the meaty part of the roast and the ribs. We then reattach the ribs with butchers twine, season the entire roast, and place it in a sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator overnight. We remove it from the icebox and bring it to room temperature for appox. 1 hour or so prior to cooking on the egg. Once it is cooked, we detach the bones and let it rest for 20 minutes or so for easier slicing.[p]If you have a little time, you can check out the BGE archives. There is a picture of a prime rib attached to one of the posts for 22 Aug. 1999.[p]Hope this helps.