Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Blog

Options
Celtic Wolf
Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Going to start doing daily random thoughts. They may be food related they may not.

All you all are welcome to subscribe. I will do my best to do any specific topics you may all have. Just let me know.

Hope to see you there..

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    i thought you had a blog?
    had some stuff about posting daily glycemic levels, weight loss progress(sp?) , etc.

do one about the kitchen hahaha

i really think you should do one (IMHO) about the troop cooks. each cook, turnout, photos, etc.

i have a blog that is business-oriented (to my day job), and it gets lots of traffic that lead to contacts.

if you had a blog that was less random and more ABOUT one topic (cooking for the troops, for ex.), you might find it would create a "brand" or identity that works better for you than just having "yet another blog". and it would give your potential donors a place to go and see what you do and how their donation is being spent.

i find the ego blogs tend to die quickly. the one where someone says "i went to home depot taday and bought boards for my new front steps..." yawn. haha

and unless you are a professional comedian, the daily-witticism thing can get old and tired. i know of a guy that writes a pretty entertaining blog, but he spends a few hours a day on it.

i think you would be served better, and have more long term interest in, a blog that is about what you like to do. don't try to be all things to all people, IMHO.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    I am actually working on the Blog stuff for American Spirit. It is through there that peoples money is being spent.

You are right I thing I will go back to a more streamlined format for Celtic Spirit BBQ. The Glycemic thing was keep me in check..

Back to the "bland" diabetic recipes --
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
    Maybe the two of you should do one together. LOL.

You'd just have to come up with a catchy name for it.

I'm sure the masses here in Eggville could come up with some ideas.
  • Weekend Warrior
    Weekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
    Options
    Oh my God, Heaven help us!!! CBBQ, I know you're intentions were innocent, but you have no idea what you just proposed. My swig of beer came squirting out my nose when I read that suggestion! :laugh: hahahahaha
  • CBBQ
    Options
    Actually, I knew exactly what I was suggesting. LOL. And can you honestly tell me you could get more for your entertainment dollar somewhere else?
  • stike
    Options
    i have two blogs going already :whistle:
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I counted 3.....
  • stike
    Options
    hmmm.

one portfolio site, 1 rant blog, and 1 professional blog. two blogs, one website.

if you meant the blog about tranny dance clubs, i don't write it, i just follow it closely
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    what about the book stuff?? huh?? you already forgot?
  • stike
    Options
    i actually thought of that, but that's a page of the professional site.

i'm gonna break it out, though.

you should write sumthin.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    LOL I did the same thing with my coffee just now..... all over my lap top... no wonder this poor thing has to go to the pc hospital once in a while.. it is all Stike and CWs fault!!
    I do have to say I would have to go to that blog regular LOL hmmm what to call it?? "the Odd couple" maybe?? :whistle:
  • Weekend Warrior
    Weekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
    Options
  • CBBQ
    Options
    How about "Burnt Ends" or "Buttin' Heads"