Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rudy's BBQ

Options
ewillie
ewillie Posts: 155
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone use this? We made a brisket with the rub and the sause, and it had a nice zing to it. Cheers, Erik

Comments

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Yes, I always use it.
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    dsc03167aL.jpg

Erik,

Yes. For the most part, it's the only store bought "sause" I serve straight from the bottle. (I do like some of the Blues Hog products, but mostly on pork) I'm not a sauce guy at all, so this says a lot for both of these procucts to be good enough to serve to guests. I actually have 4 bottle mail order box from Rudy's sitting in my hallway right now. It is my preferred sause for burnt ends.

dc6392cd.jpg

Rudy's Rub has a special place in my arsenal of rubs. I actually met Doc before he passed, a real nice guy.

beb5b86b.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • ewillie
    ewillie Posts: 155
    Options
    Looks great! I love the Dizzy Pig rubs, but I'm not familiar with the Tone's Canadian Steak seasoning
  • LFGEnergy
    LFGEnergy Posts: 618
    Options
    I LOVE the sauce, but the rubs have way too much pepper in them for my kids. Rudy's is the best BBQ in north Texas (However, North Texas IS NOT central Texas, which is a different story). ;)
  • Stuworld
    Options
    Just had Rudy's for the first time last night. Brisket was amazing, I came away very impressed. I felt like the ribs are better left to the South though I brought a bottle of rub back home with me. Opted against the sause so I wouldn't have to check my bag.

I'll be in Tallahassee tomorrow, so it's off to Piggy's for ribs and maybe a brisket comparison.