Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shish Kebob ??????

Options
WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I`ve never done shish kebobs before so I figured I`d ask those with some sperience....got some shrimp, red + green peppers,red onion,shrooms, and cherry tomatoes bathing in italian dressing right now and plan on giving them all a good covering of Dizzy dust. What temps do you normally do these things, I`m guessing around 450° for around 10 minutes a side.....any tips/advice would be appreciated..oh yeah..doin em on the large with grid in normal position...Thanks and hold on...Isabel`s a comin. Might be my last cook for a couple of days.[p]Wess

Comments

• Turkeyspurs
    Options
    WessB,
    Your plan sounds good but I might raise the grid at those temps. Just talked to my 25yr old son in Wilmington, NC. I told him to head south. He laughed and said they were having a hurricane party. Then I remmembered what I was like @ 25.LOL Good luck, Trey

• Mike in MN
    Options
    WessB,
    Shrimp cook fast (don't overcook), so keep the veggies a little smaller so they have a chance to cook.[p]Mike in MN

• WessB,
    I'd skewer the shimp on one skewer and the veggies on another, shrimp take less time, and like that you can have 2 skewers at once for dinner making sure you get lotsa shrimp.....hehehehe

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Wil,
    Thats a very good tip...Thanks[p]Wess

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    WessB,
    The last time I geared up for kebabs, I discovered at the last minute that I didn't have any skewers. So...I used the grill topper thingie with the holes, which ended up working splendidly. Wokking splendidly. Whatever. [p]The peppers and onions go first because they take the longest, then the mushrooms, then add the tomatoes until just soft. Take all the veggies off and put them on a platter, then do the shrimp separately. It works for me. Woks. Whatever.[p]Cheers,
    G.

• Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Options
    WessB,
    If you have any Raging River, give that a try on some of your shrimp.