Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baked Eggs

Midnight Smoker
Midnight Smoker Posts: 273
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was reading an earlier post on poached eggs and realized I have never cooked an egg on the EGG. Well, I'm going to try some baked eggs tonight for dinner......little salad and wine....should be just fine. My grandmothe used to make them for me when I was a little kid.....I'm sure I can kick them up a bit now though.

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    I came across a recipe for smoked eggs. I recommended hard boiling eggs. Then, the eggs were gently rolled to make many cracks in the shell. Then the eggs were placed in a smoker. Might be something you could try in addition to just baking them.
  • gdenby wrote:
    I came across a recipe for smoked eggs. I recommended hard boiling eggs. Then, the eggs were gently rolled to make many cracks in the shell. Then the eggs were placed in a smoker. Might be something you could try in addition to just baking them.

You know, I actually tried that about 4 years ago and forgot al about it. I smoked them and then threw into a jar to pickle. Can't remeber how they came out. have to give it a try again. Thanks, Paul