Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lid adjustment

Options
Billmc52
Billmc52 Posts: 9
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Please help. Just replaced gasket on my Med. BGE and now the lid sits back about 1/4 in. How do I adjust it foward about 1/4 in. to align with bottom? Thanks for any advise.

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    I have adjusted side to side but not front to back.

There have been a couple of posts where people have put washers between the hing & band to get the dome sitting further to the front. However, there is not much length on the bolts for doing this.

Why not take a minute and call BGE service and talk with John or Bruce for some advice. If you do let us know what the solution is.

Here is the HQ phone number but I am not sure of the extension into service. 770-938-9394

GG
  • Bama Chad
    Bama Chad Posts: 154
    Options
    Is it a 1/4 in gap where air can escape, which affects holding temps? or is it just not aligned perfectly?

Seems like my medium doesn't line up exactly, but I don't have any issues.

I also have an XL, and can remember in the assesmbly instructions having to push the top lid forward about 1/4 inch at some point to set the alignment.

Like GG says, give the mothership a call and they can probably help out...
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    I don't have an XL, I was talking with my dealer about the XL and he said it is common that the dome has to be pulled forward during/after closing.

I am not sure that information is correct but that is what he said.

GG
  • Billmc52
    Billmc52 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Have not cooked since I replaced the gasket on Sun. so I don't know if there is a problem. Just did not want to start with a new gasket and create a problem if I could avoid it. Will call HQ this afternoon and see what info they have.