Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OMG...Hangar steaks are delicious!

Options
vidalia1
vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have read for 2 years now on this forum how good Hangar steaks are. Well this weekend we were at RD and they had Hangars. I came home and trimmed the 4 steaks. I cooked one tonight per Max, Fidel's and Faiths instructions.

First Mint Tulip started the mini and put some asparagus on the grill. Then we enjoyed a few Pomegranite Martinis. (thanks Richard) When the asparagus was done I cooked the Hangar steak raised direct at 450. I had put salt, pepper, garlic salt & onion salt on the steak. I cooked for 3 -4 minutes per side. It was delicious. The flavor and tenderness of the steak was terrific...this is a great discovery...thanks Max, Rod, Faith, et al....

Caprese Salad

007-24-1.jpg

Cooking on the mini

005-21-1.jpg

Asparagus & Hangars

008-19-1.jpg

Sliced...it was delicious & moist...and I have 3 more in the freezer... :woohoo: :woohoo:

010-14-1.jpg

Comments