Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

27 lbs of Butt on a Medium

Options
407BGE
407BGE Posts: 187
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had 40 plus people over and stuffed the medium with three 9 pounders! The large was at home but the medium was up to the task!Picture0614092259.jpg

I have the adjustable rig and you can see the third under the other two. I cooked them at 225 for 16 hours and pulled at 200. Rested in a cooler for 2 hours and pulled.

Only bad news is that there we no leftovers :huh:

Comments

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    great sign of a great cook.....no leftovers.....t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • BigGreenDawg
    BigGreenDawg Posts: 327
    Options
    Great cook, nothing left is the best compliment. Since getting my adj. rig Thursday I have been scheming on all kinds of different set-ups for ribs, chickens and of course butts :woohoo: Guess you would have been trampled before taking any after cook pics?
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    nice looking table ;)

how old is your egg?

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Nice cook. Was that a direct or indirect cook?
  • 407BGE
    Options
    The cook was done indirect with a pizza pan as the heat shield. On the low and slow cooks I find that I don't need much to go indirect and that this works.

The egg and table are new to me but I think that this is about 10 years old. Thanks to the forum I was able to pick up the egg and the table for my place at the beach. Even better was the egg and the table was $135!
  • 407BGE
    Options
    The cook was done indirect with a pizza pan as the heat shield. On the low and slow cooks I find that I don't need much to go indirect and that this works.

The egg and table are new to me but I think that this is about 10 years old. Thanks to the forum I was able to pick up the egg and the table for my place at the beach. Even better was the egg and the table was $135!