Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got a mini that wont loose the attitude...

Options
Dave Shady
Dave Shady Posts: 247
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well were at the end of the rope on this lil guy. The owner is going to call BGE tomorrow and see what they can do.

It lost is OEM gasket on the 2nd cook. I replaced it with a new gasket from BGE cleaned it well and used 3M to boot. 2nd cook it came off again. Put on a cut down PRE-SHRUNK nomex with the 3m adhesive. 2nd time it was used thare she goes again.

I have replaced enough gaskets on large and XL and never had issues at all as far as lettin go. And It seems to be an isolated problem that we are havin with this lil guy. Are they SPECIAL?????

:angry: mini..... and I really want to buy one for my home but this is nuts......

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Crazy shtuff...I have a pretty new small and it has done it all with the original felt one. Probably 30-40 cooks by now.
  • BobinFla
    BobinFla Posts: 363
    Options
    Yeah, with the high temperature cooking that I do with my Mini, the original gasket didn't last very long either. I had my local guy order me two, just so I'd have a spare, 'cuz I just knew they wouldn't last very long, either.

Ya know what? Those two replacement gaskets are around here somewhere, still in the packages. There is negligible leakage when I'm searing a steak, I mean, the damper is wide open, and the Daisey sits on the table. Cooking mini pizzas, I put the Daisey on top, wide open.

But...I can keep a "Low" temperature of about 275 to 300 with the Daisey fully closed and the vent opened just about 1/8 inch. I don't see the need for a gasket in this thing.

Just one person's experience with a Mini-Egg.

BOB
  • eggineric
    eggineric Posts: 81
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me with my small. I have a nomex on the way. Maybe third times a charm. Hopin. Good luck.
  • eggineric
    eggineric Posts: 81
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me with my small. I have a nomex on the way. Maybe third times a charm. Hopin. Good luck.
  • Dave Shady
    Dave Shady Posts: 247
    Options
    thanks for the replys guys, I think its fine with no gasket also but hard to tell a customer that.....

will find out what BGE did today.