Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings

Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Two or so more hours of work left and all I can think about is relaxing and enjoying a nice BGE meal. It's going to be some version of wings tonight. Not sure of the exact method. It will be a game time decision but I know I'm in the mood for something really hot.[p]Fridays are for Eggin',
Cornfed

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Cornfed,[p]Hare's an idea! There good and HOT![p]Sauce:
    2 cups Red Hot hot sauce
    2 cups brown sugar
    2 tablespoons vinegar (Steve uses white vinegar with jalepeno peppers, onions, etc.)
    Stick of butter [p]Combine ingredients and warm on stove or in microwave, then put in spray bottle and set aside. [p]Seasonings:
    1/4 cup black pepper
    1/4 cup garlic, minced
    1/2 cup Italian seasoning
    1/4 cup chili powder
    1/4 cup paprika
    1/4 cup dried rosemary
    2 tablespoons of red pepper (more or less to taste) [p]The above should be enough for 7 or 8 pounds of wings. Rinse and drain 7 to 8 pounds wings. Pour some of the Red Hot hot sauce over them, and toss. Add seasoning mixture (above) until generously coated. You will lose some in the cooking, so don't skimp! Place the wings on a gas grill (or smoker) and slow cook them at a low temperature. After 20 minutes baste/mist with sprayer at least every 10 minutes. Flip them after you mist them. Total cooking time should be around 1 1/2 to 3 hours, depending on the heat of the grill. They're done when they break at the joint or you can break the wing tip off. [p]
    Prep Time: 30 minutes[p]Cooking Time: 3 hours 0 minutes[p][p][p]

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Wings_04_02_00_05.jpg
    <p />Cornfed, look in the recipe section for ChefRD's Hot Wings - 1 hour prep and always great.

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Cornfed,[p]Another good one is:[p]1 cup pineapple juice
    2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
    2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
    4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    1 Scotch bonnet or habanero chile, finely chopped
    1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
    24 chicken wings
    Salt and freshly ground pepper
    Carrot and celery sticks [p]Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and let boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, pour into a large bowl and let cool. Add chicken wings to the marinade and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours. Grill over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until cooked through.[p]Smokey[p]

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    wing2.jpg
    <p />Cornfed,[p]Make some of each!! Here is a picture of Wa-Wa wings and Okinanwan wings. Both were great, but ChefRd's are the best - add your own hot sauce - anybody like Scorned Woman? yeeoooooooowwwwwwwwwwweeeeeee![p]

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    020s.jpg
    <p />Tim M,
    Here is the picture you took of Smokin Eddie's Wa-Wa wings at Eggtoberfest,these wings are good,JJ is checking them out.
    YB

• Tim M,[p]Scorned Woman hotsauce is pretty good. If you really want to feel your head explode, try some Dave's Insanity or Blair's After Death Sauce. There are several that are even hotter than those two but what's the point? Hmmm...you've given me an idea, maybe I'll bring some hot wings with those 2 sauces to go along with the sausage and peppers.[p]If I'm not too lazy, then it sounds like a plan.[p]14 days til E2K![p]Regards,
    Jobu

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Jobu,[p]Do it. Do it. Do it! Bring em along![p]Just trying to Egg you on (pun intended).[p]Cornfed
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Jobu,
    You said it. You are committed.
    Look forward to sampling!! and breathing fire.
    Yaba Daba Yeee Ha!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Jobu,[p]The Scorned Woman is the hottest stuff I ever ate on purpose. A local Mexican joint, in Nags Head, called the Chili Pepper once served me the hottest wings I ever had. They asked me how hot and I said, "Hot as you got"! In a place called Chili Peppers, that was a mistake. When I left, the guy asked if they were hot enough - my lips were so inflamed I could only mumble, "Not bad". It sounded more like, "Na bood". I made it home in 3 min and proceded to relieve the pain on my lips - but couldn't for about an hour. Ahhhhh, those were hot!!! Painful hot!![p]
    Tim

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Tim M,
    I thought I was the only one foolish enough, simple minded enough and careless enough to do that! :^) It does my heart good to see I've got company!!![p]Still hurting! Dr. Chicken

• MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Smokey,
    Great recipe, but you said a naughty word. Gas Grill.[p]
    MAC

• Cornfed,[p]Allright then, I'll do it! Hopefully, they'll live up to their billing.[p]-Jobu