Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Corn on the cobb & eggplant question

Options
Egg-on-Medford
Egg-on-Medford Posts: 160
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We'd like to try some corn on the cobb and eggplant tonight on the BGE.
Should it be direct or indirect? Any advice will be apprecitated.

Comments

• troutman
    troutman Posts: 498
    Options
    I like to soak the corn in the husk for an hour, shake off the water, then grill direct for 30 minutes or so. Turn every 10. Not sure the soaking is necessary, but I've always done it that way.

We like the eggplant coated (spritzed) with a little olive oil, some fresh ground pepper (or lemon pepper for a change), then direct in 1/4 inch slices for about 3 minutes per side. One of our favorites, although the kids act like it is grilled doo-doo.

Good luck.
  • BBQDawg
    BBQDawg Posts: 56
    Options
    as far as the corn goes, i cook it direct. Take the corn, husk and all, and soak in salt water for about an hour. Get the grill going about 400 degrees and just throw the corn on the grill still in the husk. let cook about 15-25 min, turning once or twice and its good to go. it is soooo good that way.
  • Popsicle
    Popsicle Posts: 523
    Options
    I do not soak the corn, just trim up the ends a little and put them on however I am cooking the main dish. Takes about 30 minutes and always turns out great. As far as the Eggplant, never had any luck with it due to it sticking to the grill when I try to turn over. Still working on that one. Good luck.
    Popsicle
    Willis Tx.