Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Price Increase for BGE Lump

Options
2»

Comments

• Dr. Strangelove
    Options
    Yep. I've got two dealers within walking distance of my home, and both are going to $24.99 for a 20lb bag of BGE charcoal. I haven't bought it in years, I'm just not paying over $1.00 a pound for charcoal when I can get Kroger brand for $5.99 for 8.8 lbs or Publix at $6.99 for 8.8 lbs. Check those two stores if you have one nearby, if they don't carry it, the manager will order some in for you.
    I saw that yesterday when shopping for a mini - which also was priced, in my mind, too high.

I agree with that statement. I recieved my mini about ten years ago as a christmas gift, when they were about $100.00. I turned down an opportunity to purchase one for $65.00 from a dealer who had gotten a mixed up shipment, I still kick myself to this day over that. I love my mini and BGE, but the current $200.00 - $250.00 is far, far too high in my opinion.
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options
    I was in "The Fresh Market" here in Fort Myers yesterday and noticed that they had 4Kg bags of lump under their own name. It was unmarked so I back-peddled a bit and asked one of the guys at a register how much, he looked it up and said $3.99 and that there was no indication that was a sale price so it should stay at that price for awhile. I came home and looked it up on the Naked Whiz's data base and it is Cowboy. I haven't tried it yet, I just picked up 30 pounds of RO and have no storage space. Wal Mart has RO 10#/$6.37, K-Mart now has RO Steak House (Green Bag) 4Kg/$5.99 and Publix's Greenwise (RO) is 4Kg/$5.49. If I went looking for it BGE would be about 20#/$24, I think we are down to one dealer in this area. Now, if we could get Wicked Good and Maple Leaf down here I'd be happier. LOL.

Gator
  • FSUScotsman
    FSUScotsman Posts: 754
    Options
    Looks like a RO world to me. I know where I'm moving there is a Pinch-A-Penny that carries the Wicked Good. I hope it won't kill me price wise.
  • Dave Shady
    Dave Shady Posts: 247
    Options
    we were runnin $15.00 but the COST even by the pallet for us went up... like everything else.. eggs, eggcessories..... just ticks up on ya.

Cowboy brand is in shortage around here but I dont like that stuff compared to BGE... we sell way more BGe even for the $8 extra a bag.
  • CaptainJimmy
    CaptainJimmy Posts: 158
    Options
    We are talkin' BBQ, Big Man!!! wrote:
    I just went to my local BGE dealer yesterday and the price of BGE Lump Charcoal jumped from $15.99 for a 20-pound bag to $24.99. Anyone else seen this spike in the price of lump?

holy cow thats cheap.

msrp on 20# bge lump is 24.99

i finally found a walmart that carries the US royal oak (the maker of bge lump) and i can get 10# for 6.37$

i use wicked good for low and slows if i have it - and I pay $22 for 22# (and it's superior to bge lump in my opinion)