Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Putting my beef ribs where my mouth is...

Options
The Naked Whiz
The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
beefribs.jpg
<p />I suggested a recipe to Qbabe for beef ribs (Hugh Carpenter's orange beef ribs) so I thought I'd try them myself. I had trouble getting the membrane off of one of the slabs. It just kept tearing into small pieces. I didn't have any trouble with the other one, but I thought I got it all off, but it seems after cooking like the membrane was still there. Very curious. Anyway, here are 6 pounds of beef back ribs. All the lovely bits and pieces you see are the chopped garlic, orange zest, green onions and cilantro in the orange sauce. I did them at about 250 for 6.75 hours. They turned out very nice. Having extra sauce was great for using at the table because you get those fresh flavors with the smokey meat. And the peppercorns added just an afterthought of heat. I liked them a lot and wouldn't mind doing them again.[p]TNW
The Naked Whiz

Comments