Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Photobucket app....am I missing something?

FSUScotsman
FSUScotsman Posts: 754
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK, I've got the app now and I can log in with no problem. I can see the pictures I take no problem. I just can't figure out how to get the pictures to here without going to Photobucket's website. Is that possible?

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Not that I know of.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    I don't think so. If you find out otherwise do share.
  • Ripnem
    you gotta i-phone Miss Molly?
  • Bash
    Bash Posts: 1,011
    When looking at your album on photobucket, you should see your pictures. Mouse over the area under a picture, and you will see a text box next to the words IMG Code. Click in the text box, then right click and copy. Then paste in your forum post.

Two things I had to get by:
    1) Post pictures to photobucket in size 800x600. (Per Egghead forum directions).
    2) I have to use IE for photobucket. If I use Firefox 64, it does not work.

Hope that helps.

Richard
    Norcross, GA
  • Ripnem
    Talkin i-phone application...Bashman
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Nope
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • FSUScotsman
    I mean, sure, I can take pictures and get them up to PB quicker, but if I've still got to get to the web site it's not much quicker!!! :unsure:
  • Bash
    Bash Posts: 1,011
    Thanks.

If AT&T would drop the monthly rate about $20, I might spring for one. They look darn cool.

Richard
  • Ripnem
  • Ripnem
    Cool almost like the Egg...Almost
  • FSUScotsman
    Heck, if I want to be tickled I'll get a feather!!!! :angry:
  • FSUScotsman
    It's the best phone I've had and I've had a bunch.
  • Hitch
    Hitch Posts: 402
    Get the Big Oven app. Nice to have access to 160,000 recipes in the palm of your hand.

I love my iPhone...had it almost a year and can't kill it.

Totally recommend getting the Around Me application. You can throw away your Garmin.

Pandora is sooooo sweet too.
  • Ripnem
    Gottem all but "Around Me". Love the stock GPS though.
  • FSUScotsman
    I have Big Oven and Pandora. Thanks for the Around Me tip. My favorite app is Pocket Tunes. It's $10 but worth it.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Hitch,

Iphones are cool. Take a picture with your phone and post it.

That picture contains the gps location of where you took the picture. Say you take a picture at home of your kids, new 'whatever' it may be and post the picture. That picture encodes the gps location of where the picture was taken. An instant address location for someone thinking they need something more than you do, or even worse a predictor.

Technology is great but at times it does a lot more than one realizes.

All that header information in digital pictures is called metadata and can be accessed. Not sure how to access it in the Mac world but in windows there is a free program to access the data in Windows IE. You can get the program here (free) - Microsoft Pro Photo Tools 2

GG
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    I am not sure if I am understanding your objective...

The forum does not host pictures. You heed to use a third party for picture hosting and there are a lot of options. A lot of us use Photobucket.

That is, we the forum members must have our pictures available to the internet.

The forum has to be told where to find the pictures. We have to provide that link.

Now, what am I missing and or what are you trying to accomplish.

GG
  • Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    Kent...your link isn't working.
  • FSUScotsman
    For whatever reason your link didn't work. I found this one:

http://www.microsoft.com/prophoto/downloads/tools.aspx

Btw, how do I make it where only the title shows up like in your post? I know it's the opening and closing of a code plus the target title but I can't get it just right when I preview it. I gave up for now.
  • FSUScotsman
    OOPS!! Sorry Dale you beat me to it!!!!
  • FSUScotsman
    No, what I'm doing, or trying to do, is this:

Take a picture

Upload it to PB using my iPhone

Post it to the forum using my iPhone without going to PB's website.

Now, it is a lot easier to get my iPhone pictures to PB with their app, but since an iPhone is only two megapixels it's not going to be my go to camera. HECK!!! I've got OLD two MP cameras that blow this thing away. The point being this is the equivalent of a Kodak Brownie in a Canon world. BUT for taking picture of our cooks it was going to work fine. I just was trying to take out a step...the one of having to go back to my desktop or laptop.

Life is complicated enough as it is!!! :P