Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribeyes+ wood fire= ???'s

Options
rabeb25
rabeb25 Posts: 28
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I got and hand cut some aged 1.75" ribeyes and was going to cook them tonight. I got this crazy idea of cooking them over a wood only fire. I was thinking to do the Rib eyes ala Trex style but with a wood fire in the egg. I have some hickory..would it be worth it?????

Thanks

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i don't think so i would think there would be alot of unneccesary smoke...

i would stick with what you know with a great steak like those sound like ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Hitch
    Hitch Posts: 402
    Options
    I agree....save the wood for some chicken later.

Hard to beat this cook...you should have some good eats in store. I had some like you are talking about recently.
    fire.jpg
    searedribeye.jpg

I don't know why, but I love to post that last picture. Was one of my favorite dinners EVER.
  • PhotoPro
    PhotoPro Posts: 47
    Options
    Might work, but I bet it would be annoying to get it lit. Might be best to light it and burn it down on the ground, then shovel it into the firebox. We used to go to a great German steakhouse in Orlando that cooked everything over a cherry wood fire. The steaks were outstanding!
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    That damn picture of the Lager.... :evil:

Quit that :angry:

I miss it so :(