Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ribeyes+ wood fire= ???'s

rabeb25rabeb25 Posts: 28
edited 12:45PM in EggHead Forum
So I got and hand cut some aged 1.75" ribeyes and was going to cook them tonight. I got this crazy idea of cooking them over a wood only fire. I was thinking to do the Rib eyes ala Trex style but with a wood fire in the egg. I have some hickory..would it be worth it?????

Thanks
·

Comments

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    i don't think so i would think there would be alot of unneccesary smoke...

i would stick with what you know with a great steak like those sound like ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • HitchHitch Posts: 402
    I agree....save the wood for some chicken later.

Hard to beat this cook...you should have some good eats in store. I had some like you are talking about recently.
    fire.jpg
    searedribeye.jpg

I don't know why, but I love to post that last picture. Was one of my favorite dinners EVER.
    ·
  • PhotoProPhotoPro Posts: 47
    Might work, but I bet it would be annoying to get it lit. Might be best to light it and burn it down on the ground, then shovel it into the firebox. We used to go to a great German steakhouse in Orlando that cooked everything over a cherry wood fire. The steaks were outstanding!
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    That damn picture of the Lager.... :evil:

Quit that :angry:

I miss it so :(
    ·