Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Friday Everyone --- wings

Options
Fidel
Fidel Posts: 10,172
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hot and fast, I was hungry.

These were still partially frozen. Cooked direct on a raised grid at 500* on the medium, seasoned only with salt.

Tossed in a little Anchor Bar Suicidal hot wing sauce and washed down with 22oz of beer that, quite frankly, makes most IPAs wish they could be like it when they grow up.

Cheers everyone, hope your weekend starts out as good as mine has.

HappyFriday.jpg

Comments

• Eggscriber
    Eggscriber Posts: 276
    Options
    Do you offer take-out? How much for a half a dozen wings and a beer?
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Where's mine? :( Love the name of that beer :laugh:
  • Chef Boyaree
    Chef Boyaree Posts: 150
    Options
    nice looking wings... and my parents recently came back from thet brewery. It's fantastic to see my father in an "Arrogant Bastard" shirt.
  • Fidel
    Options
    The beer backs up the name Pat -- trust me. It is hoppy, to the point of making your taste buds jump off your tongue, slap you across the nose, then run wimpering away for safety. I finally found mine curled up in the fetal position in the ice try of the freezer.

Then after the full 22oz jug (of 7.2% a.b.v.) your liver waves the white flag and your kidneys cry out, begging for mercy...which I incidentally saw as some cryptic signal to go grab another.

This brew is not for the faint of heart.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Egg, Beer and wings......Now that's livin. If that is how your weekend goes, your a lucky man. :)

Ale sounds like a good one. Do they load ya down after 10 or 12? :woohoo:
  • Fidel
    Options
    It is a great beer. I first experienced it at some brew pub in Portland back about 5 years ago.

Very difficult to find here in Georgia. I find it once in a blue moon at a liquor store about 15 miles from the house. Worth the trip and the splurge every once in a while.
  • Fidel
    Options
    If you can drink 10 or 12 of these I would want to shake your hand. They're big and strong. I've never braved more than 2.

Let's see, 12 of them at 22oz each would be the equivalent of 22 cans/bottles of domestic stuff. At roughly twice the alcohol content -- yea, you'd be having conversations with Elvis, Jerry Garcia, and Ghandi before you got to the bottom of #12. Who am I kidding, I'd be comatose before I could kill off #8.
  • Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    Options
    Sounds like a beer I wanna try! There is a microbrewery here that makes one called quadrupel. It's 12% and 2 mugs and you're really happy.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Now I know. I personally lost the size reference in the pic. If I started early in the morning, I might surprise ya. I do like beer you can taste though.
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Super looking wings and a good strong brew to go with. I was just quaffing headless man ale outa a frosted mug just like yours. When I pull the mug from the freezer I put a fresh one back in, keeps the chain going... unless couple of friends show up. Been on vacation this week, drinkin a little more now that it got hot, hit 81 today and the ol' Adams apple gets a little dry in the afternoon. :whistle:

You got it all in your picture, nice shot.
  • Fidel
    Options
    Can't beat those frosted mugs on a warm summer evening Clay. I keep a few rotating myself.....just makes the beer taste better.
  • Chris in Gwinnett
    Options
    Beautiful presentation....Rock on my Buford brother. Have a great weekend.
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    Nice work Fidel.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • SLOandSteady
    SLOandSteady Posts: 210
    Options
    Just want to say kudos for the Arrogant Bastard. One of my favorite breweries. I remember when they were just getting started.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Great to see you post. Where you been? You coming to the Denver fest? Lot's of out of towners coming this year.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • bitslammer
    bitslammer Posts: 818
    Options
    That is one of my favorite beers ever! I also love their Ruination IPA and their Old Guardian which will knock you flat on our @ss if you're not careful. 10.5% alcohol is to be respected.

Great pairing with those wings.