Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilling Grouper

Go Bucks!
Go Bucks! Posts: 53
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any tips on how to grill a couple of nice grouper filets? Temps? Mariandes? Thanks
Tom

Comments

• Gator
    Gator Posts: 27
    I cooked a large Snapper fillet this weekend. 400 degrees with the fish on the side of the grill - direct heat - skin down worked great for me.

I used a marinade from the Webber Grilling book and can't remember the exact ingredients, but it had EVOO, garlic, red pepper flakes, cumin, and cilantro.
  • deltadawn
    deltadawn Posts: 94
    I grill grouper or tilapia with a little EVOO and Emeril's Original seasoning, either wrapped and tied in the cedar grilling papers or on the cedar planks. Very good....
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Marinate 10 minutes in Italian dressing(not any longer as the fisH will start to cook and get like rubber.Rub with Pruddohmes Blackened Redfish seasoning(any grocer will have it)Egg at 375 aprox 2 minutes a side(depending on filet thickness)Finish with a sqeeze of lemon right off the grill and your set.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • EmandM'sDad
    EmandM'sDad Posts: 648
    I marinate for a short time in soy, pinapple and ginger. Pat dry and rub with EVOO, salt and pepper. Grill direct at about 400 dome fipping once. Total grill time depend on thickness but 10-12 minutes for an average filet.
  • How bout - spread both sides with real mayonaise, a sprinkle of your favorite seasoning. Place on egg, squeeze 1/2 fresh lemon over top. Cook. Turn. Squeeze more lemon. Enjoy!
    Little Chef made this for the Ocala afterparty and it was Yumo! Simple and delish.

Faith
    Tampa
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    That's a keeper Faith, thanks.
  • Go Bucks!
    Go Bucks! Posts: 53
    Thanks all!

Gonna try the EVVO lemon and the dizzy pig shakin the trees