Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pork fried rice :)

Options
Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Kind of just played with it and did my own thing LOL Imagine that !!
the raws
Picture1042.jpg
the beer
Picture1043.jpg
the pork is half done and the "hard" vegis just went in
Picture1045.jpg
soft vegis
Picture1047.jpg
rice in in and tossed and the eggs just added
Picture1048.jpg
in the bowl
Picture1049.jpg
up close
Picture1051.jpg
this was really good. the rise was gummy but it was done in a hurry and my fault LOL and I did not have enough soy sauce :(best part is it was not oily like some take out and the left overs do not STINK like take out!! :evil:

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Looks great Julie! I'm sure it was 100 times better than take out.
    I need to get a wok. Have a great day!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Julie,
    I nominate you for the first ever BTMBGET award!!! :laugh:
    Bubba Tim Misuse of Big Green Egg Tool. :laugh:
    Very creative using the ash tool to hold up the wok.
    Oh the rice looks good too. :)
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Wasted Words
    Wasted Words Posts: 161
    Options
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Thanks for making me hungry for Chinese at 8 in the morning!!!

Faith
    Tampa
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Mainegg
    Options
    LOL well that is two new awards I have created for Tim this week! Burnt offering and tool abuse :lol: :evil:
    I have the leftovers all ready to go to work today for lunch :)
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Nice job, Julie! I like the use of the ash tool, too ;) Blueberry ale?? Interesting...
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    what do you think causes the gummy rice, ive tried several times and it never comes out right for me, ive even had it remove some of the seasoning on the wok
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Nice pork fried rice! Your on the right track when you go with your own fried rice and use what you have on hand. Often that turnes out great. Improvisation at the wok is creative cooking.

Last evening I made pork stir fry with Korean sauce. Yummmmmmm. I have a rice cooker that turns off when the rice is done so that part is taken care of while I'm out at the egg with a sizzelin hot wok. Oster makes it, its red and small, makes enough rice for 4 people. Shoulda taken some pic's of my stir fry but there is little time for picture taking with all the fast action at the wok.
    Also, check out Tom's website www.ceramicgrillstore.com for a spider and wok, his stuff is top notch.
    Thanks for sharing your wok cooking. :cheer:
  • bitslammer
    bitslammer Posts: 818
    Options
    Hey! I recognize that beer! I had that and some Bar Harbor Blueberry when I was up that way. Seems like people up that way like to put blueberries into everything they can think of. Not a bad idea in my book.

Rice looks killer too but why no lobster in it too?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    its almost blueberry season and the bushes are packed and theres a blueberry mojito recipe sitting on the counter at camp. :)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mainegg
    Options
    THE SPIDER WILL BE HERE TODAY :whistle: And the little red cookers LOL I have 3 of them. I have to cook my 2 dogs food... long story don't ask and that is what I use. one at work, one at home and one in fl. I use it for me too for rice but had a fresh batch of dog food in it so didn't use it for the rice for stir fry. I use two chicken breasts, carrots, summer squash and zucchini squash and brown rice, no peas they spit them out! or what ever vegis I have on hand, but NO peas. works great and no stinking puffs :whistle: and no puking :lol: and happy dogs :cheer: . sometime I use burger instead of chix.
  • CaptainSpaulding
    Options
    I haven't gotten around to trying it, yet, but Jaden at steamykitchen.com says that the key to fried rice is day old rice.

She has a lot of decent information on her blog. Check the link, below.

http://steamykitchen.com/68-secrets-to-cooking-the-best-chinese-fried-rice.html

Joe