Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

London Broil Marinade?

SyraQSyraQ Posts: 95
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi

I love London Broil. Anyone have a favorite marinade they like to use? Please share if so. Thanks

Comments

• RascalRascal Posts: 3,347
    Store bought, Lawry's, 30 minute (or longer if you like) Teriyaki with pineapple marinade is a real winner! I poke the meat all over with a fork, put it in a plastic bag with enough marinade to cover, and let it sit in the fridge (turning now & then) until about an hour before the fire is ready. The flavor is fantastic and you can baste the cook with what's left, making sure that the sauce gets a good dose of high heat. Have fun! 8 - )
  • Cory430Cory430 Posts: 1,072
    This works well for me:
    1/2 c red wine
    1/4 c red wine vinegar
    6 garlic cloves chopped pretty small (I use a mini chopper)
    1/2 onion chopped in mini chopper (not pureed)
    salt
    pepper

mix together marinate 8-12 hours
  • DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Take Cory430 recipe and add 1/2c Soy, 1/2c Worcestershire and 1T of liquid smoke. It is a winner.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • ShortRIbShortRIb Posts: 88
    Use the Tri-tip marinade located in the recipe section under marinades. It is great for this cut as well as tri tips!
  • LONDON BROIL
    North Portage Smoke-Shack
    From JB

5 large garlic cloves
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup dry red wine
    1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
    1 tablespoon soy sauce
    1 teaspoon honey
    1 1/2 to 2 lbs. top-round (London Broil) steak

1)) Mince the garlic to a paste with a pinch of salt, then blend with the remaining salt, red wine, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and honey.
    2)) In a heavy-duty sealable (ZipLock) plastic bag, combine steak with marinade. Seal bag, pressing out excess air, and put in a shallow baking dish. Marinate steak, chilled, turning occasionally, at least 4 hours and up to 24.

3)) Bring steak to room temperature before grilling. Remove steak from marinade, letting excess drip off.