Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

London Broil Marinade?

Options
SyraQ
SyraQ Posts: 95
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi

I love London Broil. Anyone have a favorite marinade they like to use? Please share if so. Thanks

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Store bought, Lawry's, 30 minute (or longer if you like) Teriyaki with pineapple marinade is a real winner! I poke the meat all over with a fork, put it in a plastic bag with enough marinade to cover, and let it sit in the fridge (turning now & then) until about an hour before the fire is ready. The flavor is fantastic and you can baste the cook with what's left, making sure that the sauce gets a good dose of high heat. Have fun! 8 - )
  • Cory430
    Cory430 Posts: 1,073
    Options
    This works well for me:
    1/2 c red wine
    1/4 c red wine vinegar
    6 garlic cloves chopped pretty small (I use a mini chopper)
    1/2 onion chopped in mini chopper (not pureed)
    salt
    pepper

mix together marinate 8-12 hours
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    Take Cory430 recipe and add 1/2c Soy, 1/2c Worcestershire and 1T of liquid smoke. It is a winner.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • ShortRIb
    ShortRIb Posts: 88
    Options
    Use the Tri-tip marinade located in the recipe section under marinades. It is great for this cut as well as tri tips!
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    LONDON BROIL
    North Portage Smoke-Shack
    From JB

5 large garlic cloves
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup dry red wine
    1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
    1 tablespoon soy sauce
    1 teaspoon honey
    1 1/2 to 2 lbs. top-round (London Broil) steak

1)) Mince the garlic to a paste with a pinch of salt, then blend with the remaining salt, red wine, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and honey.
    2)) In a heavy-duty sealable (ZipLock) plastic bag, combine steak with marinade. Seal bag, pressing out excess air, and put in a shallow baking dish. Marinate steak, chilled, turning occasionally, at least 4 hours and up to 24.

3)) Bring steak to room temperature before grilling. Remove steak from marinade, letting excess drip off.