Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fajita vegetables

BeerBQ
BeerBQ Posts: 119
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Making fajitas tonight and I'm looking for a marinade for the onions and bell peppers. I've seen recipes were the vegetables are thrown in with the raw meat, but not sure how safe this is. I plan on using a grill basket while the meat is resting. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Marinate the meat - overnight is best. Sear it and rest it. but do not cook it through. Just sear a couple minutes on each side then wrap tightly in foil.

While the meat is resting heat your cast iron pan. Add the onion and peppers raw and dry. Cook them until soft and slightly charred on the edges. Add a little garlic and lime juice.

Slice the meat, add it and all the juices back to the veggies for just a few minutes and the meat will finish cooking.

FireFire1.jpg

Veggies800.jpg

Steak800.jpg

MeatIn.jpg

Fajitas800.jpg

Plated800.jpg
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Cooked and plated to perfection.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    That sure is pretty Rod and looks great.

I pretty much do as you have shown.

When I put the meat in with the veggies I put the tortilla shell over the skillet and let it heat too.

The moisture form the cook softens and flavors the tortilla. I turn the tortilla then pull all and serve.

If I want a crisp tortilla then I use a second egg to heat the tortilla again great flavor done on the egg.

Your pictures have got me wanting to do some fajita's.

Thanks for sharing.

Kent