Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Make Room for More Ribs

Options
Bearsfreak
Bearsfreak Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had a party recently with over 20 people coming and I was making Baby Back Ribs. I had no idea how I was going to cook all of those ribs until I found a video on YouTube.com. I couldn't believe I didn't think of this idea myself, but it is awesome and the ribs still cook to perfection.

By the way I don't know how some of you do it, but at 225-250 the longest I can cook my ribs is 2 1/2 hours, so 4 hour people amaze me.

I used the world famous "The Salt Lick" rub on the ribs and let them get to room temp. Then I roll the ribs and stick a skewer through it to hold the full rack in place. I then placed the ribs in the XL BGE with the fatty end up at 225-250. After approximately 1 1/2 hours give a peek. Then with 20 minutes left I take them out and baste them with "Sweet Baby Rays" bbq sauce. I then roll them back up and place them back on the grill in the same fashion. This is all obviously done over indirect heat. We love this sauce by the way. The only thing we don't like about it is the first ingredient is High Fructose Corn Syrup. I also do a couple racks with just rub for variety.

These ribs are the easy way to cook'em and they taste awesome. I also found a large pizza pan wrapped in foil makes the perfect drip pan.

If the pictures don't show up, send me a message and I can forward a picture so you can see how to roll the rack of ribs.

photo.php?pid=395151&id=1537904482

photo.php?pid=395152&id=1537904482

Comments