Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Couldn't decide which BBQ Sauce to Buy...

Options
SoonerChris
SoonerChris Posts: 302
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I bought both...

1 bottle of Blue's Hog Original
1 bottle of Blue's Hog Tennessee Red
1 bottle of Blue's Hog Raspberry Chipotle

original-sauce.jpg

1 Bottle of Carnivore Hot
1 Bottle of Carnivore Robust
1 Bottle of Carnivore Sweet

12299164016821672767089.JPG

Comments

• Sooner Egg
    Sooner Egg Posts: 578
    Options
    have you tried Sweet Spirit, it's made in Oklahoma and is an excellent bbq sauce
  • SoonerChris
    Options
    Sooner Egg wrote:
    have you tried Sweet Spirit, it's made in Oklahoma and is an excellent bbq sauce

Just checked out the website. I'll have to try some after I finish the Blue's Hog and Carnivore.
  • Eggerman1
    Eggerman1 Posts: 155
    Options
    I made almost the same purchase about 3 weeks ago, my family choked over the Chipotle, but I like it hot. The BH Tennessee hot is awesome for basting chicken breasts.

Oh and I want to apologize to both sooner eggers for the schlacking that will take place on Oct. 24th this year in Lawrence, let's go hawks!
  • Sooner Egg
    Options
    Sweet Spirit is just a name, the sauce comes in mild (no bite) medium(a little bite) and hot, which is really really good, if you're in the OKC metro area you can find it at local Homeland stores....other than Homeland they sell it at the fair, farmers markets and other places....the recipe is that of a group of local church ladies that wanted do something other than bake sales and cara washes......if you get a chance to try it, it is well worth it...if you can't find any I would be more than happy to send you a bottle to try
  • SoonerChris
    Options
    Eggerman wrote:
    Oh and I want to apologize to both sooner eggers for the schlacking that will take place on Oct. 24th this year in Lawrence, let's go hawks!

Wow! 4 months out and we already have someone calling out the mighty Sonners. Don't think it's going to happen this year Eggerman.

Boomer Sooner baby!!!

spo_ft_oklahoma_0907.jpg&usg=AFQjCNEpk1WcFce6gnMGWnQs0Dm5W3ho5A
  • Sooner Egg
    Options
    seems a little early to be drinking.....BOOMER SOONER!! OU 45 chicken hawks 17
  • SoonerChris
    Options
    Sooner Egg wrote:
    Sweet Spirit is just a name, the sauce comes in mild (no bite) medium(a little bite) and hot, which is really really good, if you're in the OKC metro area you can find it at local Homeland stores....other than Homeland they sell it at the fair, farmers markets and other places....the recipe is that of a group of local church ladies that wanted do something other than bake sales and cara washes......if you get a chance to try it, it is well worth it...if you can't find any I would be more than happy to send you a bottle to try

I'm in OKC quite a bit. I'll have to stop by Homeland and pickup a bottle. Thanks for the heads up.
  • SoonerChris
    Options
    Sooner Egg wrote:
    seems a little early to be drinking.....BOOMER SOONER!! OU 45 chicken hawks 17
    :):):)
  • Eggerman1
    Eggerman1 Posts: 155
    Options
    Just a little friendly Big 12 banter to start the morning.

Just hope that Texas gives you a hard game, and the sooners are worn out on the 24th. I married a sooner, so I have to hear it every year.

Although we are the last Big 12 team to win a BCS game, that won't last, but hey at least we are competitive, thanks for Mangino!
  • RVH
    RVH Posts: 523
    Options
    Michael, those nice ladies also sell the sauce door-to-door for church fundraisers. You are right about it being a good product but the hot version is too much for this spice-wussy.
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Good job.
    I've had the Blue Hog's, good but a little sweet for me.

I've also had the Carnivore Chipolte, liked it so much I have a case on it way this week, all but 2 will be the Chipolte, one Robust and one Sweet as I have not tride those yet.

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • Sooner Egg
    Options
    did you find the Carnivore here in Oklahoma or did you order it online?
  • SoonerChris
    Options
    Sooner Egg wrote:
    did you find the Carnivore here in Oklahoma or did you order it online?

Nope, ordered both online.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Another great sauce from Oklahoma is Head Country. We love it. Go to their site and check the ingredients. And we're from Texas!
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Sorry, the site doesn't contain the ingredients, but you gotta love a recipe that begins with ketchup, brown sugar, distilled vinegar, worcestershire ,salt and spices. Not a thick sauce. Great with pulled pork.
  • Sooner Egg
    Options
    Head Country is an excellent bbq sauce....been buying it for years, they also have a pretty good bbq rub