Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vertical Chicken Recipes

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just bought the BGE vertical chicken rack and would appreciate any recipe suggestions for a first try with it. I have a medium sized egg.[p]Thanks!

Comments

• Seth
    Seth Posts: 79
    JonE,
    Use the vert rack, cut the top off of a beer can, fill it with either white wine or beer, and throw in some garlic and rosemary and whatever else you think will taste good, set the can under the vert rack in the cavity of the bird and cook it at 350* about an hour to 1 1/2 hours, or till done. Flat dead simple and the best chicken you will ever eat. IMHO
    Seth
    careful getting the can out, the liquid will be very hot.
    spatchcock chicken is equally good, but does not use the rack.

• Nessmuk
    Nessmuk Posts: 251
    JonE,
    Check spanel.com[p]I have his set & used them for years. My family will not eat poultry unless it has been cooked on a Spanek stand.[p]

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    JonE,
    Please take a look at the link, it's a little more work but I have yet to find someone that does not give it a two thumbs up. [p]While I have used a beer can or a Willie's sitter (a ceramic bell shaped container that you can put liquid in) I believe if you use the brine recipe you will like it.[p]I prefer using a beer can as I can just throw it away, the sitters are a pain to clean. LOL[p]Good Luck,
    New Bob

[ul][li]Brant's Brined Beer-Butt Bird[/ul]